Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read in the dealer area that Prius might be in short supply this summer due to parts being used for the Hybrid SUV.

Any truth to this?

Take it easy,
Kevin

·
Registered
928 Posts
I doubt anybody in a position to know will post on this board. But rumors are likely to be plentiful in either direction.

Monthly Prius production has been increasing this year. Keep an eye on it and look for trends. If it goes lower, your explanation would be a possibility. If it doesn't go down, then we'd know the new Hybrids aren't eating into Prius parts inventories.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Actually I think this is going to be planned as Toyota has already figured this in with the release of the Camry Hybrid.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
As for the SUV, they don't use the same parts, except maybe the ECUs reprogrammed. Need bigger transaxle, bigger battery pack, etc.

Now the factory space allocation may be redirected, but they can't use the same parts.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
And just "IF" there is any truth to the fact that the Prius is being subsidised by Toyota to get hybrids successfully on the roads and now with the price of gas the public has been enlightened to the advantage of owning a hybrid, it is time to start making a profit out of this six thousand dollar "synergy" power plant. Ergo, the Camry at twenty nine thousand.
I still believe "we all bought smart."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts