Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
idiot lights

I'd like a "information" screen that would include things like engine temp, oil pressure engine RPM. I always hated idiot lights, and that is all you get with the Prius.

Todd

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really "real cool" as they tell you nothing but "system has failed" Since the car has the computer and the transmitters are there connected to the "overload" switches, isn't it a sin that they are not used in the "Drivers Information Center". My old "87" Cad Allante has the same computer in the car that the Cadillac dealer has. If it's already there, isn't it a shame it can't be used?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm too lazy to sign up for that group and wade through the exasperating Yahoo-style board.

Anyone care to summarize what information would be provided, what general range the price would be, what would be involved connecting it, and how the information would be displayed (dials on the dash, integrated into the screen, a hand-held device sitting next to you on the passenger seat...)?

·
Registered
623 Posts
All the Yahoo groups require you to register. Registration is free. I just don't want to bother. And the Yahoo groups are a pain in the neck to wade through.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Daniel said:
All the Yahoo groups require you to register. Registration is free. I just don't want to bother. And the Yahoo groups are a pain in the neck to wade through.
No, it depends on what group you're visiting, and what features of the group you want to see.

For example, the message archives and the Links section of toyota-prius is open to the public to read. If you want to post, you have to be a member. I know the message archives on Prius-2G are open, as well. (Allows easier searching with outside esarch engines, like Google, rather than using the lousy yahoo message archive search "feature")

All files sections on Yahoo!Groups require membership.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I stand corrected.

But it's still a pain in the neck. You get only one msg per screen, and it is slow to load, and sometimes you get an advertisement instead. I don't complain about the advertising. My complaint is the number and slowness of the screens. On chat boards like PriusOnline you get many more messages on each screen. It makes everything faster and easier.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Daniel said:
I stand corrected.

But it's still a pain in the neck. You get only one msg per screen, and it is slow to load, and sometimes you get an advertisement instead. I don't complain about the advertising. My complaint is the number and slowness of the screens. On chat boards like PriusOnline you get many more messages on each screen. It makes everything faster and easier.
There is the "Expand Messages" option on the yahoo message archive screen. You unfortunately still get some of the ads, but you view about 20 messages at a time.

Yeah, things were better back when the Groups were part of eGroups. For something like $10/year, a non-commercial list (like toyota-prius) could avoid the banner ads, and the intermediary ads and ads embedded in the messages didn't exist. then Yahoo bought eGroups. As part of the merger, the position which oversaw the payment for no banner ads, well, he lost his job... and the position was never refilled. so now the yahoogroups (the web version anyways) has a bunch of ads. Doesn't really bother me, as I use a text-based web browser (lynx), but otherwise I'd suggest getting the messages in email format if you don't like the ads. Or turn off graphics and flash/shockwave on your usual browser.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
To bring us back to the topic at hand...

...the scanner that they're working on will hopefully report both the temperature of the engine coolant as well as the temperature of the inverter/MG coolant, yes?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts