Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the west coast. I usually take hwy 99 from Horseshoe bay through Squamish and up past Lillooet. Just past Whistler I caught up to a light blue Prius (Tideland blue?). A taxi. Used a roof rack to hold the taxi sign. Gave him a thumbs up as I passed him (burning about 3-4X as much gas in my Anti-Prius). ;)

If you're in Whistler, it's run by Whistlertaxi.com.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It's a custom colour. The official name you're looking for is Tideland Pearl and it's grey/green and it's the colour I have.

Oh, and hope you had fun at Whistler. I'm sure you've noticed that there are tons of companies here with Prius Cabs

Aside from Whistler Taxi, there's also Yellow Cabs, Black Top, Newton Whaley, Surdell, Delta Sunshine, Richmond Taxi, Coquitlam Taxi and Bonny's. I haven't seen any from Checkered Cabs, Vancouver Taxi, North Shore Taxi or Tsawassen.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
There's a blue one - or was in 2004 and 2005. Dunno about later. It was/is called seaside pearl. Lovely color. The tideland pearl is a mystery blend of green and grey, now discontinued. Color looked very different in different light.

Not custom, but available "off the rack."

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked on Toyota Canada's site, and it looks like it was probably the tideland pearl blue. Unless you know for sure the Whistlertaxi co. acutally has a special colour? Young guy driving it. Took his customer just past Pemberton, to the IR.

Yup, after wasting all that gas passing him etc. he caught up with me and turned off just after he did. But I'm a SUV driver, so I got to keep up appearances. ;)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
David Beale said:
I checked on Toyota Canada's site, and it looks like it was probably the tideland pearl blue. Unless you know for sure the Whistlertaxi co. acutally has a special colour? Young guy driving it. Took his customer just past Pemberton, to the IR.

Yup, after wasting all that gas passing him etc. he caught up with me and turned off just after he did. But I'm a SUV driver, so I got to keep up appearances. ;)
Seaside Pearl!! lol. Tideland is not blue.

Hmm... I thought Whistler Taxi was a darker blue. Guess not. Looks like I need to head up to Whistler again haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.