Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some threads where people ask about noises and then others try to decipher, it occurs to me that somone could post a collection of noises that are normal, like the brake accumulator and battery fan noises.

There could be a 'sticky' with mp3 files of each regular and normal, as well as abnormal sounds.

Just a thought, as I am definitely not knowledgeable enough to know the sounds.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I have been thinking about doing that for some time.

I was going to call the thread 'Hey, here, what's that sound?'

·
Registered
991 Posts
To note with that.. I would freak out from "sounds" once in awhile.. only to find its change thats in the cup holder (in front of the center console) that jingles/shuffles.. crazy noise.. I thought it was coming from the dash.. and panicked :p Haha.. Let me describe it to you (I'm kidding of course).

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
My family members are always complaining about some annoying noise that I can't seem to hear. Maybe because it only seems to happen when I am singing along with the radio.

Would this be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
99 Posts
My wife really complains about some of the noises I make...ehh I better not get into that...this isn't the Howard Stern show :)

I wish I still lived in NJ I could blame the noise and smell on the refineries.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Multimedia! I love it!

DanMan32 said:
I have been thinking about doing that for some time.

I was going to call the thread 'Hey, here, what's that sound?'
This is a great idea, DanMan! When my kids were little, we had these battery powered books that had buttons the kids could press that would make sounds to match the pictures on the page.

You could make a Prius book that has pictures of parts of the car and when you push on a picture, you'll here the sound that comes from there.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I had one of those wheel things with pictures of different animals. You pointed a dial to the animal, pulled the string, and you would get: "the <name of animal> goes <sound of animal>'.

Sometimes those low tech solutions were the best.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hep said:
My family members are always complaining about some annoying noise that I can't seem to hear. Maybe because it only seems to happen when I am singing along with the radio.

Would this be covered under warranty?
No, but your family could, uh, force a recall by the maker :wink: :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.