Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm set to pick up my new Prius from the dealership in the next week or so. I'm wondering if there is a quick way I can tell what the software version on the car is. My thinking is that the car has been in transit for a while and may not have the latest version. I'd like to be able to get the dealership to upgrade it with the latest software before I leave, if necessary.

Also does anyone know how long a software upgrade should take and what the latest verion from Toyota is?

Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
well, there are over a dozen ECUs in the Prius. You'd have to look up each one...

The last two sets of Special Service Campaigns to upgrade some faulty programming each reportedly would take about an hour to perform. Longer if the dealership hadn't done it before. Several days to get a working car back if the dealership didn't do the upgrade correctly and fried your ECU...

Unless you get a notice from Toyota, or you call the Toyota Customer Assistance number with your VIN and ask if it's subject to any SSCs, you probably won't get a free upgrade...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Michelle, as always, speaks wisdom.

And I would like to add that "asking for" an update, is well...maybe kind of like "asking for" trouble! Of course, I say this with worlds of experience from various GM service departments.... :x

So I have learned my lesson, and now I generally prefer to keep the service department's hands off my car unless it needs something specific, like a tuneup, oil change, new belts, or a software update to fix a specific problem.

It's really not the same as running an antivirus update or "windows update" to keep your personal computer current.

When it comes to your car, I say don't do it unless it needs it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts