Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if there's a better place for this or an existing topic (didn't see a "recent" one), but...

...saw a local Citizens On Patrol car the other day; a white 2004 Prius. :D

Also spotted a 2004 Prius in the Epcot "Amaze" (?) parking lot last Sat 6/19; don't recall the color - was in the Monorail on my way to MK at the time. Anyone from here (this board)? :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It wasn't me...I was in Pensacola last weekend! And me and my friends saw one blue Prius II on the way there, w/Cali plates.

Since then, I've seen another blue one here in town.

So far, not counting my own car, I can still list my Prius sightings on two hands:

A) Two white Prii I in Southeast Orlando I ...but it may have been the same car on two different occasions

B) A silver (unsure) Prius I near downtown. I noticed the distinctive raised-bump hood, then later noticed the little black "vent" in the sail panel.

C) Gold/brown parked at a Best Buy near downtown

D) The blue Prius II from Cali

E) The blue Prius II outside of a Halmark Cards store on the East side

F) A green/grey Prius II near downtown Orlando

G) A white Prius I in Manhattan, parked on East 32nd, between 5th ave and Broadway. It was somewhat beat up, and looked like a government car (like from EPA or traffic control, or something like that).

H) A silver Prius II on the freeway headed downtown, then down towards Disney

·
Registered
50 Posts
Come to the bay area, the Prius is everywhere.

In my neighborhood alone there are two 2004s (red and white) and a classic (tan/gold?). Go a few blocks up there is another 2004 (white), owned by the city of SF, and another classic (white) also owned by the city.

Moving along on my day I can spot them throughout the city, but the most concetrated sightings have been in the Twin Peaks, Castro / Church, and Marina districts. There are a lot more there but I don't want to count those because I don't see them regularly.

On the freeway I usually see the three same Prius, I can tell because its the same time everyday and they do little things that stand out. Two of them a silver and a white travel at around 75 mph, traffic is moving at only 80, but it still makes them stand out. The other one the silver is the opposite, he criuses along and then guns it to pass a bunch of cars and flys off into the horrizon.

There are also two more silver Prius to be seen at school, both owned by Staff. One is parked in the Faculty level of the parking lot, the other behind the Event Center (nice shortcut between a bunch of buildings).

I've seen all the colors now, blue, green, silver, white and black. The bay area is a great place to find Prii, high gas prices (2.38-2.61 for reg) and we really like our clean air.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can count the Richmond, VA sightings on one hand... one red, one blue, one black, and one silver (most recent). All were parked. have yet to see one on interstate.

These reports of new cars right off the lot dying on the interstate disturbs me though. I have been waiting for mine since Feb and supposedly will get it in October.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Richmond, VA??

Yep, I'm here... I have a new blue '04, having just traded my blue '03... (which sold at CarMax after a week for a whopping $21K for a 2 year old car!!) My neighbors down the road have a green '03 and a white '04... I'm in Bon Air.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other "sightings" since I originally bought mine included another Tideland Pearl the following day on Colonial, a black one on Red Bug near the tollway, a Driftwood Pearl on 17-92 near Maitland Blvd and a white one at Red Bug and Dodd.

heh... all we need now are some custom "PriusOnline.com" window decals. My wife "teases" me as it is about "special waves" and "secret handshakes". :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yesterday, my second day of driving my new car, I was going south on the 405. I passed a Silver Prius on my left and immediately saw a Tideland Pearl ahead on the right. Three of us within sight of each other! :eek: Normally, I only see maybe one a week. Of course, I'm usually not on the 405. Maybe that's where they're hiding. :lol:

Got my windows tinted today and the car looks really sharp!

·
Registered
27 Posts
There aren't many around here, so sightings are far from a daily experience. In the week and a half since getting my silver #9...

1. Sighted and beeped a Salsa (first non-White, Black, or Silver I've seen) outside a sandwich shop.

2. My wife and I were leaving the Masterpieces of Florance exhibit to find 2 Silvers in the parking lot. (One was mine of course.)

3. Returning to work from lunch with 3 co-workers in the car one sighted a Green classic.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a new high of 2004 Prius in our parking garage at work here in Arlington, VA - THREE plus mine! And, I know there has been at least one Insight and one older model Prius in the garage too, so we have some good hybrids here. It's not the biggest garage, but with 3 levels, it's decent.

I'm happy to hear that they are abundant somewhere though - cause driving from DC to Philly on I95, I have only ever seen two since March. That is a sad statistic considering how much traffic that road sees....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts