Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find a thread about this already, so here goes. Post your own to this thread.

In the last episode of NUMB3RS, the main character (genius mathematician Charlie Eppes) is seen unlocking his blue Prius (a 2006 or 2007, I think). Charlie doesn't seem to have SmartKey because he actually takes out his fob to do it -- presumably so the audience would know what he was doing. Also, the sound isn't quite right.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I saw that episode and thought I saw the Prius as well. As a sidenote, not every Prius owner has a Smartkey. I don't, and am not sure it's that essential. (Getting back to "Numbers", though, please tell me why the female detective was hired on the show. She has to be the most annoying actress on tv.)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't seem like Charlie not to have SmartKey, though. But no way to tell. I just think the writers chose him not to have one simply because it was clearer for the audience, not because of what fit him better.

So where else have seen a Prius in TV, movies, etc.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive seen 3 that I can think of:

The last episode of "Six Feet Under" after Clair totals her hurse, she is seen driving off to New York in a blue 2006 Prius. Very cool.

In "Weeds" Nancy loses her SUV and gets a Prius (I forget the line, but at some point she says "Screw you, I drive a Prius" in an argument) Very Funny.

I saw a weak movie on cable recently-- I dont know what its called, maybe "Just Freinds" or something like that where a guy who was fat in high school and is a thin adult comes home for the holidays and tries to impress a girl he was in love with but thought of him a just a buddy. Her boyfreind drives a Prius. I think the context was he was a tree-hugger and it was supposed to be funny the forerly fat guy had to ride in the back seat of a compact, but I may be reading too much into it. The movie was barely watchable and the only think I liked about it was that there was a Prius in it. Very lame.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The last episode of "6 feet Under" was recent enough to have a 2006 Prius in it? I thought the last episode was older than that. I'll look for it. I love that show.

·
Registered
10 Posts
av_in_bc said:
always wondered if "Brian" on family guy drives a prius, and if so, where did he get the money.
Yes, he does. It is ironic (and hilarious) that the two smartest members of the Griffin household are Brian the sensible dog, and Stewie the evil genius baby.

As to where he got the money, that is one of those cartoon mysteries. What I'd like to know is where Stewie gets all of his evil genius gadgets!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Brian's car sure looks like a Prius but the logo on the front end looks a lot like a blue Ford emblem.

You ask "Where did Brian get the money?" Interesting question. More importantly, how can he talk? Why does he drive? How does he hold his martini without an opposable thumb? Why does he babysit Stewie? Don't even get me started on how Stewie could drive an RV....

The New Adventures of Old Christine refers to the Prius MANY times. I have heard that Julia Louise Dreyfus (sp?) owns one in real life and during the show, anytime she is backed into a corner on ANY subject she always says "I drive a Prius."

·
Registered
61 Posts
West Wing

In the last season of The West Wing, Bradly Whitford's character was having a caveman moment, was test driving a Hummer, reached to answer his phone and ran over/into a prius. The Prius wasn't shown in the scene, but there were quite a few snarky references in the rest of the episode about a hummer running over a Prius.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
DanMan32 said:
New sighting:

Subway commercial. Couple in a Prius order fat food (literally. Suff like blubber butts and the like) at a drive thru.
I've seen that commercial. The odd thing is it sounds like the Prius is idling like any other car which in reality would be highly unlikely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.