Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a Prius T Spirit in the UK, and had a question about the Sat Nav. I current have TomTom 5 (european) and the best feature is that my PDA syncs with my phone and then downloads the lastest traffic info, incorporating this into the route planned.

Does anyone know if this feature is built into the Prius Sat Nav??

Many Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the old 80/20 rule, 80% of the time you make the same journey and dont need Sat Nav, 20% of the time it may be somewhere you need help in getting to.

This feature makes Sat Nav 100% useful. Living and working in London, traffic can be a real nightmare, thankfully the Prius is excempt from the £8 congestion charge (about $13 USD), but this updating facility would help find a route with the least amount of traffic!!

Please dont tell me my dream car has a flaw!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The congestion charge is £8 now? I thought it was £5.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The charge is £8 if you pay by 10.00pm on the day of travel. An additional £2 surcharge will apply if you pay from 10.00pm until midnight on the day of travel. The total charge for paying between 10pm and midnight is £10. This is to encourage early payment.

Hence Toyota add of "There is no C in Prius", and at £8 a day saving ($13), it all adds up.

http://www.cclondon.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I don't get the point of that. 10PM? I would think you would get a discount at 10 am as an earlybird special (like NY parking garages), or a discount at 10PM since there's only 2 hours left in the day. What happens at 1 AM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congestion charge is from 6am til around 7pm. outside these times you can drive through london for free. But payment is as in my last posting. When you drive into london, cameras use text recognition to pick up your license plate, and if you dont pay, you get a fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As someone who lives in the Washington, DC area and is quite familiar with serious congestion, I must ask whether you think this congestion charge actually helps reduce the amount of traffic inside London during those hours, or are the effects minimal?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts