Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While having my recall work done, I visited sales mgr at my dealer. (Northern CA). He says he has 250 deposits on 06 Prius. He is getting 40-50 cars a month, and the average wait has now stretched out to 3-5 months. Price is full MSRP. Occassionally someone gets a car closer to the 3 month due to a cancellation and being willing to take whatever color/options that car has. Demand has remained, even as the price of gas has gone down.

Wait time since 04 model has come out has varied from 2 to 6 months. I do not recall any car having this kind of continuous heavy demand going into the 3rd year of a model, especially with several other hybrids now available.

Dealer feels the tax incentives & HOV stickers are having an effect on demand.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I got the same info at my recall session yesterday. So, no sign of increase in production. However they did have four Highlander hybrids on the floor for immediate sale with several packages. Bare bones, $35,800 and fully equipped for $42,000.
When I checked the car in I mentioned I needed the 10,000 mile check and the manager hit a computer key and said "that will be $79.00" I said, "for an oil change and tire rotation?" and he rechecked and smilingly said "Oh, Prius, that will be $47.00." Later I picked up one of their maintanence flyers for Toyota cars and at ten thousand miles it stated "mandatory for warranty protection", oil and filter change, topping of all fluids, tire rotation and then the secondary items mentioned for hard driving with the Prius. Bill for this identical service was $79.00.
Only cars I found interesting at the dealership were the Corolla Matrix wagons (34mpg) two 2002 Lexas SUV,s with 50,000 miles at $28,000 and the new shipment of a dozen 06 Tundra pickups at $27,000 ea.
Still had a couple of new "4-Runners" on the lot at $38,000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts