Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This story is a bit of an offset to the "Prius Prejudice" thread, and of coure PriusKid's unkind classmates, no matter how old they may be.

I pulled into the parking lot with my family, getting out of the Prius. A guy in his early 20's walked up and said, "That's a fantastic car." I started telling him that I was impressed that he knew about the car, since many don't. He said he was wanting to buy one as soon as he could. We were talking about the brilliant Hybrid Synergy Drive that Toyota came up with. As he was leaving he said, "Thank you for driving a car like that."

·
Registered
199 Posts
Great story and thankfully that is what we see most often. My son-in-law is so proud and happy to have a Prius in the family. He can't wait to get one when he comes back to the States. Most folks are really happy to have you educate them on this car and many have actually ask (and close to begged) to be given a ride in the "little cranberry" as my friends call it!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
It is nice when people choose to see the car in the proper light.

I was at lunch late last week at a local family run hotdog joint. The owner/operator who was working behind the counter seemed very interested. I had a late lunch and as such business started to taper off. As I finished up my dog and fries he asked if he could talk about it. Sure!

So, we spent a good 15 minutes talking. He seemed very interested. And he didn't admit to me any preconceptions about the vehicle. I encouraged him to go find a test drive. But I'm a regular and I figure one of these days I'll offer him a test. Demand is starting to plateau in my area and as such there are always a couple Prii on the lot at the local dealer to test drive and even buy. Although the local dealer is still putting on "regional adjustment" sidestickers. Which are easily removed by starting to get up and walk away.

·
Registered
420 Posts
All the feedback I've gotten is good. The most recent compliment was last week at the Colorado Springs airport. When, on the return shuttle to the parking lot, I told the driver which car was mine, the man next to me turned and said, "Good choice."

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's good to carry a bunch of paperwork with handy
URLs to point people to for more info. I've got my own
sheets to point to my own link-farm; john1701a has
his cards and I probably shamelessly stole the idea of
carrying such reference material from him.
_H*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts