Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_library/display_release.html?id=20030702b

The Press Release basicly says the base price will be $20K for the '04 Prius--unchanged from the '03. It goes on to talk about what they call the Prius Pioneers--those who were the first to order the '01. It doesn't say anything about a discounted price for those guys, but rather that they'll be given the opportunity to have the first ones on the dealer's lot. It also said that they should go on sale in Mid-October. I was sure hoping for a Sept. date...oh, well....Anticipaashun....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow-Up to my own message...

Regarding the pre-ordering. I, and I know some others, had "pre-ordered" through our dealership by means of leaving a $500 deposit some time ago (almost 3 months ago in my case). I called 800-GO-TOYOTA today to see how the Pioneer program would affect my status as far as being able to have the first car on the lot or being able to 'pre-order'.

The gentleman seemed fairly well informed. Apparently all the Prius Pioneer pre-orders require specifying a dealership. The options list and pre-order then go to that dealer who will be the one actually submitting the order for the vehicle. He suggested that it would be up to the dealership to deterimine my status as regards the PP pre-orders and my deposit pre-order but that in some likelyhood the could include mine with that initial order and that I may be able to even select my options with that group.

My salesman is on Vacation until Monday, I'll hollar at him then and see what's what and try to get my order in. I'll report back here when I know something somewhat concrete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts