Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if the answer to my question is obvious. I admit to being technologically illiterate. Lately, nearly every time I click on Prius Online, a blue screen comes on (on the forum page) stating, "Yahoo Browser encountered a problem and needs to close." I try to ignore and continue on Prius, but am frozen. At the bottom of the box I am told to inform Microsoft of the problem as well as click "Debug", "Send Error Report", or "Don't send". If I choose Don't send, the screen goes back to Windows. If I click, "Send Error Report", I am told to contact Yahoo with a note "unknown error." Interestingly, when I get to this site via a link after making a post, no problem. Also, I have no problems going to other sites. This can't be a computer problem as we have a brand new one and this problem started occurring a few weeks ago with our old one, whose harddrive just died. Thanks for any replies and your patience.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
It sounds like a software problem on your computer. Are you using IE as your browser, or have you done something using Yahoo, like downloading a toolbar?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your suggestions. No toolbar downloaded. I will try to google. We're not familiar with Firefox. Our new computer has basically the same software and this problem started back in Dec. Just curious why it's occurring only when going to Priusonline.l

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The screen just came up again. I was put back to Windows and googled to Prius through the Internet Explorer. No problem. We have no internet files on this new computer to delete. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
evander said:
The screen just came up again. I was put back to Windows and googled to Prius through the Internet Explorer. No problem. We have no internet files on this new computer to delete. Thanks for the suggestion.
Every time you visit a web site you add files to the temporary internet folder. You can delete the files from within IE by going to Tools>Internet Options and click on the delete files button.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
firepa63 said:
evander said:
Every time you visit a web site you add files to the temporary internet folder. You can delete the files from within IE by going to Tools>Internet
Options and click on the delete files button.
firepa63, I learned something today and did as you suggested. Hope it works. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts