Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knowing a Toyota will most likely, with proper maintenance, log upwards of 200.000 miles with no problems I am curious as to where the Pruis's are as to mileage and maintenance performed.

If you would, list down your mileage, maintenance and any problems or comments you may have using the format below. Thanks Greg.

Model Year:

Current Mileage:

Maintenance Performed:

Comments:

·
Registered
85 Posts
2005 #6

8800 Miles

Oil Change/Tire Rotation @ 5000 Miles
Nail in tire, tire replaced by Goodyear

Overall great car. There are a couple rattles developing here and there, but nothing that is too bothersome. I will have the dealer take a look at them next service (10000 Miles)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Model year: #6, 2005

Miles: 10,160

Maint. perf.: Oil change and tire rotation at 5,000 and 10,000

Comments: Shifted to Mobile 1 at first oil change. Good car.

·
Registered
736 Posts
mileage and maintenance

Model year: 2004, del. 10/29/03

Total miles: 52,745

Maintenance: Oil and filter by dealer at 5,000 mile intervals
Tire rotation by self at 5,000 mile intervals
Engine and cabin air filters (self) at 30,000 miles

I am very pleased with the overall performance of the vehicle, especially with regard to cost of operation and gas mileage. My lifetime average is 53.6 mpg, with mostly freeway driving. I will probably replace the original tires at 60,000 miles, as they are showing some wear. The MFD was replaced under warranty at about 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hmm, wonder if I can remember it all.

Model year: 2001, del. 9/29/2000

Current Mileage: 114500

Maintenance Performed: All scheduled maintenance.
CD player died & replaced under warrantee after 1 week. Replacement still works fine.
Various TSBs performed as precautions (dealer initiated): power steering and its ECU replaced, Engine ECU replaced, HV battery cleaned/resealed.
Replaced accelerator assembly at 80K due to "big hand syndrome".
Front wheel bearings replaced at 90K.
12V battery replaced at 107K because it was 5 years old and winter is approaching. It died once when I left the dome light on for 2 1/2 hours this summer, so I was getting a bit nervous about it.

I think that's it, but I might be forgetting something.

Comments: Still running fine. It's been a great car so far. Parts are a bit pricey though. I'm aiming for 200K.

·
Registered
40 Posts
2004 11/18/2003

62,000 miles

I have been following the maintence schedule that is in the book that came with the car.

Tires were replaced at 50,000 miles.

Seat belt latch on drivers side broke at 55,000 miles. When the seat belt latch broke the warning beep and flashing light that remind you that your belt isn't fastened also quit working.

This has been the most trouble free car I have ever had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts