Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Prius. I bought it out of state through my dad who works at a dealership next door to the Toyota one, but owned by the same company. He had no idea about anything about the car, but I got it with 500 miles on it for about $22,000. Previous customer could not get approval for loan and I seriously benefited.

To the question. How do I find out what package I have on the car? No Nav, No Driving lights. 6 disk CD changer.

Doing some research on this site, but my other questions. Maybe you can link the thread.

Can you install the software to make my car use Nav?
Ipod, found a ton of threads, looking through them.
What can be done is secret menus? I have seen a few things, like beeping and colors (which I can do in regular menus).

Thanks,
Roger

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Other extra features for a 2005 were SKS, extra airbags, VSC, homelink/dimming rear view mirror, alarm.

As for the alarm, it is a little Toyota secret that all the packages have the alarm hardware, but some have it turned off. The alarm can be turned on by a dealer, as long as the glass breakage sensor is not installed. If the sensor is installed, then a yellow wire has to be removed for the alarm activation to show up in the scan tool menu. Some dealers are unaware of this loophole, some want to remain ignorant about it, some know but won't do it, and some will activate it for you at no or a reasonable fee.

OEM NAV cannot be easily added to a package without one. For one, the screen would need to be changed to get the extra buttons. Then the extra wiring. I suppose you could forgo the steering wheel control changes, but that is different too.

If you don't have NAV, you won't have the diagnostic screen to override the NAV's speed lockoout. However the main AVC diagnostics is fun to play with, though it is more useful for the NAV. You can get battery voltage, if the tail lights are on, check for AVC error codes, check the screen, etc. You probably will see a pulse count for the rotation of the wheels, since the energy screen uses it, but I don't know if reverse will be there.

Turning off the reverse beep is not in the diagnostics, but rather what I would call a dance.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Tri Me said:
To the question. How do I find out what package I have on the car? No Nav, No Driving lights. 6 disk CD changer.
Sounds like 2005 package 5 to me. Only 2 packages have the 6-disc changer and those were 5 and 6. Also, you mention that you have no nav and no fog lamps. Combine that with the presence of the JBL sound system and you have a package 5. You should also have the Homelink mirror with garage door openers and you should have regular halogen headlamps.

Congrats, that is a nice package. Nice middle ground of features. I own the only one that is around this area because I had to find a dealer that was willing to swap with a dealer out of this sales region to get it. PNW region didn't carry package 5 vehicles as a standard rule, but the right dealer will do what he can to get the car you want.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
God, you guys are good.

I have the homelink, and the halogen lights, dimming mirror, and all the front and side airbags. I thought it was a great deal at $22K.

Alarm, I have never ttried to set it off and am not sure about it. My 15K is coming up soon, I'll inquire at that time.

Thanks,
Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.