Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

does anyone know the volume of the airco and te oil inside the shockers from a Toyota Prius II?
Do these fluids needs to replace? If yes, when?

The motoroil volume is 3.7 litres, is this right? And must be changed at 5000 mile / 8000 km?

Thanks in advance,

Yde

·
Registered
928 Posts
I believe 3.7 liters of oil every 5000 miles is correct for the 2004. Start with less and measure to make sure you don't overfill. See John's site for detailed instructions.

I don't know about the shock absorbers, but doubt they need to be refilled. The air conditioner coolant should not normally need replacing either (unless it develops a leak). I don't know how much it holds.

·
Registered
425 Posts
RSnyder said:
I believe 3.7 liters of oil every 5000 miles is correct for the 2004. Start with less and measure to make sure you don't overfill. See John's site for detailed instructions.

I don't know about the shock absorbers, but doubt they need to be refilled. The air conditioner coolant should not normally need replacing either (unless it develops a leak). I don't know how much it holds.
The ICU & hybrid cooling fluids need to be changed at 150,000KM, then every 90,000Km. If the shock gets a leak, I would replace the whole unit, not refill.

The motor oil is replaced every 15,000Km or once a year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts