Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this. A hotwater bottle on the prius that keeps the water hot over night. Found it on toyotas news letter.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Careful.... A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Hep tried using it to keep his coffee in, but he couldn't find a straw long enough to run from there to his lips. Had to make do with a portable sippy cup. :) He's waiting for the Coastal mod, though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,233 Posts
Yup. Just unclip your front bumper, it'll be on the driver's side. (I'm not sure if it's visible if you just look underneath).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,161 Posts
Yes, it is common knowledge to those of us that have been snooping in the posts for a while. That's the clearest picture of it I have yet seen.

Where did you find this though? Do you have a link? Perhaps they describe some other features of the car more clearly, like the AC system for example.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,873 Posts
That same picture (but in black and white) is in the "Coolant heat storage system) on page 208 in the 04 owners manual.
As an ad hoc, I notice with the coolant temp guage that although the engine thermostat is a 180 degree one, the engine will shut-off after initial start up at 110 degrees. This must meet the demands for the engine heat and converter for engine shutdown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
hyperion said:
That same picture (but in black and white) is in the "Coolant heat storage system) on page 208 in the 04 owners manual.
As an ad hoc, I notice with the coolant temp guage that although the engine thermostat is a 180 degree one, the engine will shut-off after initial start up at 110 degrees. This must meet the demands for the engine heat and converter for engine shutdown.
110, really, I'd been seeing 120 coolant temps and getting consistant use of EV, but hadn't checked to see the temp for automatic (non-EV button) shut down though it make sense that it would be a bit cooler than EV button since I've had auto ICE shut-off when EV wouldn't engage.

I've been trying to figure out what catalytic converter temp is necessary to accomplish auto shut down and EV mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
That's a cute site. But, in reality, my experience is that the rodents don't just gather around and admire the Prius, they move right in, chew through the air filter and leave calling cards all over. I just found a bunch this morning. I need to get that gutter-guard installed.
Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
sdwilsonsct said:
That's a cute site. But, in reality, my experience is that the rodents don't just gather around and admire the Prius, they move right in, chew through the air filter and leave calling cards all over. I just found a bunch this morning. I need to get that gutter-guard installed.
Scott
Huh? :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
benighted said:
sdwilsonsct said:
That's a cute site. But, in reality, my experience is that the rodents don't just gather around and admire the Prius, they move right in, chew through the air filter and leave calling cards all over. I just found a bunch this morning. I need to get that gutter-guard installed.
Scott
Huh? :?:
Yep...the little boogers just crawl up in there and move in. Do a search on the subject. Lots of info about it.

Fortunately I have not had problems and I live in the middle of a forest.

Speaking of critters....Sneeked up on an armadillo in EV mode the other night and got about 2 feet from it and stopped and blew the horn! He will think twice about eating that close to the road for awhile. He jumped so high I saw him over the fender. Laughed the rest of the way home. EV mode you gotta love it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
888 Posts
Is there a link available to that Toyota newsletter which the system diagram came from?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top