Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am considering buying a Prius. The car will be parked on the driveway and I am frequently called out at night to the hospital (cardiologist). Although Manchester is not as cold as many other places, it still freezes on occasions and the car I buy must have an extremely efficient heating to defrost the windscreen in a very few minutes and to make me feel comfortable. What is the Prius like in this regard?
Ludwig

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Ludwig Neyses said:
Hello,
I am considering buying a Prius. The car will be parked on the driveway and I am frequently called out at night to the hospital (cardiologist). Although Manchester is not as cold as many other places, it still freezes on occasions and the car I buy must have an extremely efficient heating to defrost the windscreen in a very few minutes and to make me feel comfortable. What is the Prius like in this regard?
Ludwig
Two winters in the land of ice... It works as good as, and perhaps a bit better than any other car I have owned. You will be fine.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I would suggest installing an Engine Block heater if you'll leave it parked outside in the winter. Leave it plugged in all night on those call nights. It will maintain an ICE temp of around 130 degrees F and you'll immediately have heat to assist the defrosters.

For non-call nights you can have the heater on a timer to come on 2-3 hours before you usually go in for rounds.

This will also help boost your fuel economy numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.