Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those of you who own a Prius. I opted not to have floormats come with mine (they cost $219). I was wondering, did that come with 1st and 2nd row mats only, or did it also come with a mat for the cargo area?

Anyways, I'm considering getting some of the WeatherTech rubber floor mats. They're sturdier and easier to care for. Does anyone have these, or anything similar?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You can find the OEM floor mats significantly cheaper than the price you quoted from several reputable online distributors:
http://toyota.autowebaccessories.com/st ... 7_3678.php
http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/default.php?cPath=11
http://www.toyotadepot.com/index.php/cPath/10_96 (note, those prices are in CN$ so will be cheaper when converted to US$)

Also, on the Toyota 2006 Accessories page they show OEM Rubber mats similar to the WeatherTech ones:

http://www.toyota.com/prius/accessories.html

I suspect the online discounters will have those cheaper than your dealer's parts dept will sell them to you soon too.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
The carpeted mats are part of the Preferred Accessory option which includes front, back and cargo (and cargo net).

As to rubber mats, I am picking up a set of Prius black (only shade available) All-Weather rubber mats ($92.00 US) as my tan carpeted ones have been punished in winter. They include front and back. A cargo mat is a separate item.

I had ordered WeatherTech tan mats for the fronts. Although they were heavy duty, I returned them as the tan color was really a taupe, grayish color--a real mismatch, and that they would have needed trimming in 3 places, not a custom fit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got free floormats (mine came with the clip-in factory mats, btw. Dunno if I had to pay extra for them as it was a #6 package) from my carpet dealer. They had a pile of rectangular mats in various colors that had a sewn edge binding. They're remanants from various installs. They were only two bucks apiece, had I bought them, and they matched the floor and fit perfectly. He gave them to me free since I had purchased a whole house of carpeting and a couple of linoleum floors from him.

They sure do get muddy and dirty though. Glad there in there to protect the factory covers. I can wash them in the washing machine too. I don't know if I can do that with the factory ones.

I made a fitted piece of flannel to cover the rear deck area. I can toss that in the washer if it gets too dirty. We have an embroidery machine and made up a "Prius" logo on it. Looks pretty good.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just got the WeatherTech mats for front and back last night. Cargo area one still on its way. They fit in just fine without trimming and they hold in place without any problems.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I paid about $200 from the dealer but did not receive the cargo mat. At Pepboys I bought tan,all weather rubber ones to go over the other mats . (Not an exact match with my ivory interior, but a good contrasting color). I found a black cloth cargo mat there also which doesn't match in color but fits perfectly. Our winter has been slushy and very wet, but so far no stains on my original interior carpeting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How about some suggestions on some molded all weather floor trays. I have some Husky Liners on my other vehicle and I'm really pleased with the form, fit and function of these floor liners. However, there are no Husky Liners for the Prius. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
no idea. I'm using the Toyota all-weather mats. There are trays from Sigma Automotive for the Prius from Jpn. As for cheaper alternatives, hmm... does WeatherTech make any for the cargo area?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
johnnieliu said:
However, there are no Husky Liners for the Prius. Any other suggestions?
I bought a big shallow plastic storage thingy, intended to slide under beds, at Target for about $9. It's dandy for carrying a mess of grocery bags, containing dirt from flower flats, et cetera. Four bungee cords keep it from sliding around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was looking for some molded liners for the driver and passenger(front and rear) floors.

Thanks for the cargo suggestions, though.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I also added cheap Pep Boys floormats on top of the Toyota ones... and regret it. The driver's Toyot amat now has a dark tint where the cheap mat overlaid it. There seemed to be a chemical reaction between the rubber/plastic of the two. I'm not sure if it will wash out, or if I'll need to buy new mats. They are coming out this weekend for good.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I have the front and rear Weathertech mats. They are very nice. The fronts are nearly custom. I did not see any need to trim them at all and the passenger side mat has lots of length. The drivers mat is short to accomidate the pedals and the dead pedal position. The rear mats might require trimming in the eyes of some folks, however I just put them in and they fit well and cover the floor fully and very tightly. You would be hard pressed to find a mat that will hold as much dust and dirt and water as the Weathertech. If I had access to the Toyota all weather mats or the JDM mats when I purchased the vehicle I might have made those my first choice instead. However I'm very happy with the Weathertech product.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Prius carpet mats...

If you look on the Toyota.com website for Prius options, you will see the carpet mat option that includes front, rear, and cargo area for $186. Anyone who paid for these mats and didn't get the cargo mat should see their dealer. I ordered mine with the car and are on the Window Sticker. As to whether you can order them separately from your Toyota dealer I don't know. The mats do match the floof carpet exactly. I'll admit they are a little on the pricy side.

I'm sure you can find after market mats at several locations for less money. However, I'm not sure you'll be able to match the cargo area totally.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Comments on all-weather cargo mats?

Just took delivery of my 2006 Prius. It has a cargo area carpet, but I want to buy an all-weather, rubber-type mat for the back to protect it against mud, sports gear, etc. Flipping the carpet to rubber-side up is not a long term option, since the cargo area is not left-right symmetrical. I have a genuine Subaru rubber cargo mat for my Subaru and it's essential. I've read a few posts here about the WeatherTech cargo liner for the Prius, but other than reading that they're available, there are no reviews of them by owners. Does anyone own a WeatherTech cargo liner? What do you think of the quality, design? Does it fit well around its perimeter, block the tie-down rings? Does it warp with heat (sunshine)?

I'm thinking of buying the black cargo liner (Part No. 40268) listed on this page: http://weathertech.com/store/vehsearch. ... hoice_id=0

Finally, anyone know of another reliable source for internet ordering WeatherTech mats at a better price?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Metro Toyota has the Prius Exactmats available for the 2004-2006 Prius:
http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails. ... rtIndex=12

$54 for the set of 4 LF, LR, RF, RR
$58 for the set of 3 LF, RF, single long rear mat that goes over center hump
$50 for the cargo mat alone.

(Which is better than the ~$100 for the cargo mat alone as shown on your direct link!)

They also have the Prius all-weather floor mats (but I don't see the cargo version available).

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
My 2001 has the Toyota accessory carpeted floor mats. I don't have the carpeted trunk mat.

My 2004 has the Toyota accessory carpeted cargo mat. The floor mats is a set of deep-channel rubber floor mats that we picked up at (gasp!) Walmart. (Walmart would let us buy a couple of different models, take them out to the car and try them out, and then return them no questions asked.)

I have no experience with the Exactmats, but I have ordered several parts from metropn.com , and their parts department has stellar service (both via email and phone, and quick shipping turnaround).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts