Toyota Prius Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jenster said:
when you say you got it at MSRP, do you mean the "base MSRP plus destination charge" or the "total, paying for the mandatory accessories that came with it"?
I meant MSRP plus destination charge. You can get this on the Toyota website.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pinto_Girl said:
Okay, I admit it...I like how they say 'Prius' on them, too!
:lol: If I end up with 'em, I sure hope I fall in love with them, too.

Many thanks to everyone for the advice and help! :)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think mats that match the carpet in the car are much nicer than anything else. When I drive rental cars, they sometimes have the black rubber mats or some other alternative to the factory mats. I always think they look very tacky.

BTW, I have the car wash steam clean my factory mats (beige) once or twice a year and they seem to be doing fine.

·
Registered
992 Posts
redwein said:
I think mats that match the carpet in the car are much nicer than anything else. When I drive rental cars, they sometimes have the black rubber mats or some other alternative to the factory mats. I always think they look very tacky.

BTW, I have the car wash steam clean my factory mats (beige) once or twice a year and they seem to be doing fine.
Yes.. especially because they FIT perfectly. Not to mention.. I'm glad I have a cargo mat in the trunk..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Prius floor mats--"required"

The floor mats were an accessory and are not delivered with the car. When I picked mine up the trunk mat was missing. I would have saved 15% by buying them from the dealer after the sale as I receive coupons regularly. I have always placed rubber mats over the carpeted mats supplied by the factory and I cut down a large cardboard box to cover the trunk mat. I feel it is ridiculous that one has to pay extra for mats or a lighter, or a net on a $25000+ car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Phish Phood said:
I paid the premium for the mats (less than $200 I believe).. they say PRIUS on them! :D
Yeah our new Prius has the floor mats and the rear cargo area mat. They are nice and they say Prius on them. I went to Shucks and bought a $14 set of clear plastic mats to go in the front and back to protect the floor mats. Am thinking of installing some spare carpet from our condo carpet install last year into the cargo area.

Dave

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Dave07Prius said:
I went to Shucks and bought a $14 set of clear plastic mats to go in the front and back to protect the floor mats.
Protect them from what, looking good? They can be steam cleaned if they get dirty. I never understood covering something up with something that doesn't look as nice to keep it looking good.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts