Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for any help in advance -

I have a 2010 Toyota Prius. A few days ago the trunk latch got stuck. I managed to get it open and everything is functioning properly now after a little fiddling. The car is still insisting that a door/trunk is open and won't allow me to lock the car without screeching. Not to mention that anytime I drive it beeps every 2 seconds. The fob is unlocking the trunk and when I use the key itself I can lock the trunk. I can't find any information about this specific problem online - do I still need to replace the entire lock actuator or is this a wiring problem?

The dealership quoted me 180$ just to take a look at it so I'm hoping to get some advice about how to handle it on my own.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2010 Toyota Prius. A few days ago the trunk latch got stuck. I managed to get it open and everything is functioning properly now after a little fiddling. The car is still insisting that a door/trunk is open and won't allow me to lock the car without screeching. Not to mention that anytime I drive it beeps every 2 seconds. The fob is unlocking the trunk and when I use the key itself I can lock the trunk. I can't find any information about this specific problem online - do I still need to replace the entire lock actuator or is this a wiring problem?

The dealership quoted me 180$ just to take a look at it so I'm hoping to get some advice about how to handle it on my own.

Cheers
look here
priua trunk indicator shows the trunk open - Bing

·
Registered
1 Posts

Cheers
So, the same thing happened to me just a month ago. I was not able to lock the car and the light shows that something was still opened. To my surprise, it was the trunk that was still not closed. This was my fault as i went to Costco and loaded lots of water into the bottles into my car and when i went to close it it may have did something to the locking mechanism. Regardless, I went through all the doors, even sun roof and finely came to that conclusion of my trunk. So, what I did was just have to add some umph to the closing of the trunk!! It did the trick and solved...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts