Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patrick,
I found a post at alt.autos.toyota that validates your claim that some smarmy, elitist Prius owners are dissuading others from purchasing a Prius. Here's the offending section:

Please buy the Mazda. I fear that you have such unrealistic expectations that you;ll not be satisfied with your purchase. The Mazda won't be as clean, economical or efficient, but you might understand it better and when you complain about it you'll be right.
I've seen posts by this person before and they are not always rabidly pro-Prius. I don't know what set them off this time. Guess I'll fire up the Weber, get out my pellet gun and see if I can't rustle up some crow.

Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I dunno Moo, that quote sounds like something I'd write (I didn't this time). But there are definately folks out there trolling sites looking to stir up problems and they deserve to be told to go elsewhere. Also, the Prius is not the car for everyone--I know, hard to swallow, but true none-the-less. Of course, you didn't quote the entire post/thread so I have no idea what the context what, but there are definately times that I would write something like that and the recipient would be deserving and the Prius community in general would be better off without jerks that would buy or consider a Prius simply to find reasons to complain about it.
--evan

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dang you, now I have to jump into that thread to give my $.02....I'm not gonna bookmark the site though, just so I don't get another Prius site in my list!

Anyway, looking at the entire thread I agree that the guy's attitude was a bit abrupt and presumptive. But I bet he's right. I kinda spelled things out a bit more in my response, but essentially came to the same conclusion. I just don't think that Ben guy wants to find a reason to like the Prius and is very hung up on overall cost without any vision about the vehicle itself. I'm sure my post will enlighten him he'll be converted as a Priite instantaneously though! :p

My post hasn't appeared yet or I'd provide the direct link.
--evan

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
groups.google.com

http://groups.google.com/ is a
USENET (internet newsgroups) archive,
that also lets you post.

(You could also use the news feed
from your ISP, and your favorite
usenet/newsreader on your own computer...)

Since my last ISP didn't have a great
news feed (only a handful of newsgroups
and a brief archive time), I switched
to Google Groups.

Here's the search that I tend to use:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&l ... gle+Search
That searches the Google Groups
USENET archives, sorted by most recent
dated threads, for the term "prius"
that is not in it.cultura.ateismo
(too many hits in that group for
posts not about the car).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Moo, Skip the Weber, crow is too tough. You need a pressure cooker for crow. Or if you want the best possible flavor you can use the SLOOOOOW cooking BBQ approach where you split the bird and splay it open by tacking to a 2x10 pine board. Prop up the board next to moderately hot (remember slow cooking) mesquite coals. Sprinkle with water if they get too hot. Baste liberally with unsaulted butter flavored with finely ground New Mexico chiles and some cilantro, cumin, and Lea and Perrins Worchester sauce. Baste frequently and liberally really slathering it on. Continue this slow cooking for about 7-9 hours. When the bird is cooked so much that it falls off the board it was nailed to then you add salt to taste and eat the board it was nailed to. Crow is too tough.

You don't have to go THAT FAR to find posts with the same or similar sentiments, perhaps just not so blatant as the example you gave.

:D Pat :D P.S. I have a BBQ carp recipe if you need it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
patrickg said:
Moo, Skip the Weber, crow is too tough. [snip] When the bird is cooked so much that it falls off the board it was nailed to then you add salt to taste and eat the board...
Now, THAT is funny. I think we might be related; my dad used to recite that same recipe.

·
Registered
311 Posts
moocatdog said:
Now, THAT is funny. I think we might be related; my dad used to recite that same recipe.

Well Cousin, it is not a maybe situation, we ARE related unless one of us is an ET. I don't recall now where but I read once that including everyone on the planet the most distant relative possible was an xxth cousin where xx was a fairly small number. Really irritates some racists when I say things like that.

Later, cuz

:D Pat :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts