1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple questions I have regarding CD-R discs for the Prius:

1. Has anyone bought music off the Internet from places such as
Walmart.com or Musicmatch.com? If, so, after burning the music you
purchased and downloaded, were you able to play the CD using the CD player in the '04 Prius? (I thought I had read somewhere that one has to have a CD player that supports Windows Media Player or something like that, but I'm not sure. Any help would be great here.)

2. CD Labels. I like to put CD sticker labels on my CDs that I burn.
Has anyone tried putting in a CD with a label into the 6-disk changer? Has
the disc ejected fine? I've been hesitant to put in CDs with sticker labels
because I don't know if they will eject normally like all other CDs.

Thanks!

Chris
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, Millennium Silver, #9

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have no personal experience, but others have reported that the CD player will not play MP3's etc. You must burn your CDs in regular CD format.

I think I've read comments about problems with labels also. I would not put any in mine.

But I never burn CDs anyway. I buy regular music CDs and that's the only thing I put in my CD player.

For those who don't have their Prius yet, I will comment that to my ear the sound quality from the basic, standard single-CD player that comes with the Prius is FANTASTIC!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had no problems with playing my burned cds in the in-dash 6 disc changer. Even cds that i've cd-stomped labels on work fine. also, cd-text works like a charm! :wink: i'm starting to re-burn some of my cds so that they have cd text. i use easy cd creator.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Make sure you burn a standard "Audio CD"

As long as the service you use will let you burn a standard-format Audio CD you'll be fine, even if the "original" digital version of the file has digital-rights management. Personally, I've only used the iTunes Music store for digital music downloads, so I'm not sure what the other services offer. With the ITMS you can decode any combination of purchased tracks (AAC)/personally ripped (AAC/MP3) files and burn standard Audio CDs with no difficulty. Make sure the service you buy your "digital" music from allows you to burn standard audio CDs from your tracks.

Technically, your ability to play CD-R or CD-RW disks depends on the particular CD player model. Quite a few relatively modern players still won't play CD-RWs, and I have heard that a few won't even play CD-Rs yet. Also, some brands of CD-Rs/CD-RWs will work better in certain players than other brands will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts