Toyota Prius Forum banner

Prius C powers on but does not transition to Ready

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Shortysporty 
#1 ·
I’m new to this community.
My wife’s 2013 Prius C starts (power on) but ’Ready’ is missing from this dashboard view. It eventually starts but not until after many attempts (powering off and on, and shifting between gears and park). We have taken the car to our local Toyota dealership twice but they cannot discover anything through diagnostics.
I noticed some previous postings about this same problem by other Prius owners but I saw no identified cause/solution. Anyone had this same problem that was solved eventually for them?

#2 ·
I’m new to this community.
My wife’s 2013 Prius C starts (power on) but ’Ready’ is missing from this dashboard view. It eventually starts but not until after many attempts (powering off and on, and shifting between gears and park). We have taken the car to our local Toyota dealership twice but they cannot discover anything through diagnostics.
I noticed some previous postings about this same problem by other Prius owners but I saw no identified cause/solution. Anyone had this same problem that was solved eventually for them?
Our 2014 Prius C does that. Really frustrating. Will not go to ready mode. Sometimes helps to have the AC off to get to start. Or have the seatbelt clicked.

#3 ·
Good Morning
Our 2012 Prius C does not transition to Ready when key is tuned to the start position. After a few tries, it will transition to ready. This happened on a cold morning. --- Could the 12-volt lead acid computer type battery be getting weak -- this one is ten years old. When we take the car to the dealer next week -- will there be any answers???