Toyota Prius Forum banner

Do YOU consider the Prius a "performance car?"

• I'm just fine with the mileage. Chrome, leather and dvd's are totally unnecessary.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have you seen torque and other performance numbers for this baby? I'll do anything I can to "pi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's been mentioned a few other times on here about pimping the Prius. I think I may have actually been one of the first to mention ideas like racing seats, dvd players, tint, chrome, etc etc to turn the car into an absolutely breathtaking machine...

A while back I had contacted TRD and asked what they made that was available for/compatible with a 2004 Prius. I was actually laughed at and told "Uh... that's not a PERFORMANCE car. Anything else I can answer for you?"

Why would TRD help develop a race Prius, plaster it's logo ALL OVER THE THING (this pic isn't the BEST for showing how many times it's on there) and then have absolutely nothing that would work on anyone else's Prius?

·
Registered
425 Posts
As they said, its not a performance (Sports) car. The rally version was a different build from ground up. Different engine, different batteries different breaks etc.

I cant vote on your poll. I am happy with the performance (otherwise I wouldnt have ordered one) but I want upgrades like DVD etc. However, Im not in terested in tuning it. So a 3rd option, such as "Im not into tuning but I would like extra accessories" should be added.

As for leather seats, Ive had them in the past and I wouldnt have them again Cold in winter hot in summer :( but some people like them so it would be nice to have to option. I would like to see:

• DVD player
    TV receiver
    Parking camera
    Extra power sockets in the luggage area
    More powerfull aux battery

·
Registered
22 Posts
Parking camera is a great idea, the screen is already there. I've seen a Japanese version that parks itself using the screen and a camera.

·
Registered
397 Posts
When I was around ten years old I put a racing sticker on my father's car. I thought it looked amazingly cool and I couldn't understand why he didn't share my enthusiasm. Now I understand.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts