Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine this weekend (Black BC).

I still have my old minivan which is the official "dog car", but I'd like to be able to take my German shepherd in the Prius too. I've seen liners made for SUV's and such that cover the entire back of the vehicle, is there anything out there that would work in a Prius? I will rarely have more than one human passenger, so I'll probably have the rear seats folded down most of the time. Right now I have a fitted sheet over the back which will work in a pinch, but I'd like to have something a little more protective and durable.

Love,
Lupin

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My dog rides in the trunk.

I have a golden retriever who rides in the very back on a regular basis (obviously with 'shade' retracted.) I wouldn't want to take her on a LONG trip this way, but we have taken a 2 hour drive from Portland to Eugene this way. I just have an old mexican wool blanket in the hidden cargo area that I pull out to line the 'trunk' first. I put the rear-seat headrests all the way up, and she can't worm forward. (I have a baby car seat in the back center, so I can't just let her have the run of the back end the way it sounds like you can.)

Heck, last night the dog rode with us on a half-hour ride with a folded up stroller and a couple collapsable lawn chairs (the standard trunk gear) in the trunk area with her. She didn't complain at all. (She's a 'full size' golden, about 80 pounds, probably a little smaller than a german, but still not small by any means.)

A couple times we've let her ride in the back seat, but she tends to get it too fuzzy, so we've been restricting her to the trunk area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DOG hair

How bad does the dog hair stick to the seat material in a prius? I took one for a test drive today and liked it but i'm worried that the material is as bad as my current car which is brutal. The vacuum just won't removed the hair

Regards,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Walter, have you tried one of the "Gonzo" sponges for hair removal? It's a porous rubber sponge that does an amazing job at rolling up and removing pet hair. I got mine at the car wash...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I have found that the dog hair brushes off the seat material very easily. As you know, no matter how well you cover the seats, the hair will migrate.

Now to figure out how to keep slobber marks off the windows....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts