Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After the having the recent update done on the ECM,HV ECU, and to seal a connector on a sensor, I have 3 questions :)

1) What is now the software version number?

2) What is the best way to check the version number?

3) Having this done in a 2004 is there any other fixes in the software or enhancements besides fixing the stalling problem?

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
trapperjohn said:
Hi,
After the having the recent update done on the ECM,HV ECU, and to seal a connector on a sensor, I have 3 questions :)

1) What is now the software version number?
2004 HV ECU: 899834717001 ECM (ICE ECU): 34705200
2005 HC ECU: 899834712301 ECM (ICE ECU): 34705200

trapperjohn said:
2) What is the best way to check the version number?
Proof positive is to use the scan tool. If you have had a revision done before, a sticker should have been placed to indicate the version installed.

trapperjohn said:
3) Having this done in a 2004 is there any other fixes in the software or enhancements besides fixing the stalling problem?
There were a few TSBs issued in an attempt to resolve some false DTCs indicating poor MG output. At first it was thought to be the inverter, then the HV ECU. In reality, it seems to have been the sensor connector from what I can gather. I think also there was a problem with the water valve position sensing.
So, although the main focus is on the ICE not starting properly, Toyota is also fixing some other potentially troublesome issues at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts