Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went with some friends to watch the movie "Must Love Dogs" and it pained me to see John Cusack (though in fairness, I'm sure it was a professional stunt driver and not him) totally ruining the purpose of the car, driving it as if it was in a police chase! A couple of near accidents, jackrabbit starts and stops, skidding around corners at high speed, the works! And to what purpose? Driving all over town late at night looking to buy some condoms!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
haha, you think that's abuse? I loved it, at least there is someone else out there that drives it like I do! ;)
I thought it was great!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same reaction, although (since I'm sure Toyota paid for the placement) I have a feeling that they were trying to give the subtle message that the Prius could move just as fast as any other car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Prius can handle a lot more than most people expect. I'm glad it got some real use on film.

I've taken mine over Cinnamon Pass and treat it a little rough at times. It seems to do just fine. Although I wouldn't recommend four wheeling, The tight turn radius and high ground clearance helped :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
Now I may want to see this film.

And heck, just the other day, I pulled away from a light rather fast, and I could see the shocked looks from the driver next to me, in his riced out Honda...was a great experience.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think it would have been very odd if he was driving like a typical Prius driver. Can you imagine what would have happend if Diane Lane asked "Can't this thing go any faster?" and John Cusack replied "I drive this way to save gas." Believe it or not, some things are more important than gas mileage.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's the answer I expected!

Diane Lane says "Can't this thing go any faster?"

I expected him to say "Yes, but I'd ruin my mpg."

Instead he says "Yes, but then I think we take off."

I think they could have done better with the line.

"Yes, but then we go into orbit."

"Yes, but it would set a bad example."

"Yes, but I'm conspicuous enough as it is."

"We are. It just seems like we're going slow."

·
Registered
106 Posts
Those skidding, tire squeels you see in the movies are phoney most of the time. I've watched very carefully and sometimes they add the skidding sound when the car is barely acceleratring or turning. Hmmm. When I worked in San Francisco I occasionally saw a movie being filmed. I sometimes saw them going too slowly. Maybe they speed up the playback. On some interior shots in m ovies I watch I see the driver jerking the wheel rapidly, a sure sign they filmed at a slower film speed which makes things look a lot faster when projected at the proper film speed. Can't trust some car dealers. Can't trust some movies. I'm waiting for tire squeel when they're driving in the snow. I'll catch them yet... :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts