Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Prius Experts:
I have a prius 2010 (33000+ Miles) The noise from my prius tires has really bothered me! Every trip I have to turn on & increase volume in listening to music with all windows closed to avoid the noise when drive at freeway - these tires are installed / sold from dealer & toyota factory tires with chrome wheel (5 "V" shapes - Sized 195/65/15) I have them on 42 front and 40 rear in term of pressure since the day I owned it.
I am ready to give them in - my question is, can I bump the size up to 205/65/15 or should I replace the entire RIMS & Wheel to 215/?/? and I am not car technical person. I just want the noise to go away!
I looked at all model of tires in term of pricing and limited myself on the same size 195/65/15 and they are so similar that I am so confuse and lost!
---
I LOVE my PRIUS. it's fun, competitive & amazing experience driving from the 2007 Prius to this 2010 Prius
thanks for any suggestion in helping me replace my tires and continue to enjoy the driving
Lam

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well the mfg of the tire is extremely important for noise. I personally like my Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max. Much less noise, better ride, and better mileage. My daughter who has the OEM Integrities cannot believe the difference.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
That was the reason for my remark. I realize the Goodyear "Integrities" are not the quietest tire on the market but I had never heard of anyone complaining about exceptional noise with them and wondered if an energetic salesman had "upgraded?" you with a more expensive set of "shoes?" Tires like "oil" have always played a large part of the conversation here. Many folks change from "stock" for change sake alone!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But again U played & pretented professionalism / expert in ur wording but showed zero "Point" with "invaluable" input comments still, represented a member here at priusonline.com

"What R/U trying to say beside mentioned (twice) in "cost" "Price" with your view?!"
will it be okay with u if I ask that pls leave this subject alone?
I'm wasting ur time & but still, appreciated ur respond!P
i could close this if my question offended u in general...
Pardon my ESL - have a great time at priusonline

Lam

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
OK. I thought you were asking if all 2010 Prius came equipped with tires that made so much road noise that you had to turn up the volume to "max" on your car radio to hear it, and "Ive" in the past six years here have never heard that problem expressed.
My guess was that you are riding on something really different.

I would hope (for interests sake) that you will inform us of the "fix" when you solve your problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts