Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally :D i got it the new Prius. Its great and drives 8) smoooooth.
but there is little info on the stereo system.
:?: Does anyone know what connection possibilities are on the new audiosystem (just the radio and a 1 CD player both beautifully build in)
1. What formattype of CD's should you play to enable display of the track and cd name.
2. What type of connection is there for a CD-Changer
3. What other programming possibilities are there in the system

please help me to tune this one to my personal taste!!

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
You need CD-TEXT to view info on the audio CD you are listening to. (No, you cannot play MP3s on the CD player.)

If you want touch-screen integration, you can add the Toyota 6CD-changer accessory.
PPO P6

Part numbers:
08601-47800 6-Disc In-Dash Changer PPO P6
08695-00370 Wire Harness *1
08695-47800 Installation Kit *1
*1 Required to complete installation

·
Registered
111 Posts
One way to try the CD Text feature is to use an SACD Hybrid disc. These discs have an SACD (Super Audio CD) layer and a regular CD layer. They play on special SACD players and regular CD players. They usually have the CD Text feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Michelle and Rich thnx for your swift responses :D .

Ofcourse I knew Toyota could sell me that player. ( :oops: I should have mentioned that in the question).

I myself have a 10 cd changer that works great (sony) and I'd like to hook it up in my Prius. So I need some indepth info about the available connectors/signals of the standard set. (and if someone has done it before, cause that would be easy, wouldn't it)

The Toyota distributor in the Netherlands did not even know what type of CD's you needed so thnx for that also.

·
Registered
65 Posts
How does the Toyota changer fit into that cubby? I have a E-DIN style unit (EMPEG - RioCar) that I want to install there. Does anybody have the install instructions for this, the Toyota changer? I any curious as to the mounting pints used. Thanks!

Peter
Miami, FL USA

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
petteri said:
How does the Toyota changer fit into that cubby? I have a E-DIN style unit (EMPEG - RioCar) that I want to install there. Does anybody have the install instructions for this, the Toyota changer? I any curious as to the mounting pints used. Thanks!
I've got the changer and I see (probably) the same slot in the dash that you do. Except there is a narrow row of lights above the slot that show what disks are in use. I've still got a cubby underneath.

I expect Toyota builds the entire car around the cd player making it impossible to change :)

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
In the US, you can get the normal audio system (1CD built-in) or the upgraded audio system (6CD built in). In these cases, you have a little cubbyhole storage area in the dash.

However, you can add the 6CD changer accessory in the dash slot, so if you had the base 1CD player you now would have a total of 7CDs that your system can play, but no more cubbyhole...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts