Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
vinnieb said:
vinnieb said:
Think about it.

The Tesla will probably cost you around $100,000.

Can't be used for road trips, because of it's limited range of 250 miles.

Takes 3-1/2 hours to recharge when using a 240 volt circuit.

Recharge with 120 volt circuit may take up to a full day!

Each car has 6831 batteries that probably will not last more than a couple of years.

This is not new technology. Toyota has been working with LION battery powered cars for some time now.

This is a car that Hollywood types will buy and drive to the Oscars to show how concerned they are about the environment, but will still have a Mercedes or maybe a Hummer for serious diving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blog from the Chairman of the Board of Tesla Motors

I was impressed with this. He wanted to hit the market with a bang. I think a high end sports car is a good thing to do this with. The thing goes from 0-60 faster than a Ferrari!! Have I got your attention? Aren't you impressed with that?

http://teslamotors.com/blog1/

There is a plan to make electric cars that are more affordable.

The range of the electric car is not a knock on the electric car. It is a by product of our 'addiction to oil' where the entire refueling structure for our vehicles is geared towards gasoline. There is nothing technologically preventing the installation of recharging stations at motels and other locations.

I admit there are technical problems with the electric car. But none of these will prevent the electric car from becoming a realistic alternative to the ICE in the long term.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.