Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just at the dealer and test drove a 2005. I can't believe they want 25,9! Does that seem right to you with the 2006's around the corner (so to speak). I want one, but I don't want to be taken either. :?:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no nav pack on this guy, no blue tooth,etc. it might have package #3. The "salesperson" told me New York is adding a 10,ooo dollar premium. I am never a believer with car sales. I guess it is overpriced, huh? They actually have two on the lot if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just at the dealer and test drove a 2005. I can't believe they want 25,9! Does that seem right to you with the 2006's around the corner (so to speak). I want one, but I don't want to be taken either.
As Hyp told you.. the MSRP varies widely depending on the accessories. Base price is around $21.5 - Fully equipped is around $26.5 What ever you choose, don't pay over MSRP. Call around or visit other dealers.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
To find what the actual MSRP is of a Prius in your area:

Use a flash-enabled web browser, and go to:
http://www.toyota.com/prius/
on the left-hand side, under "SHOPPING TOOLS," is a link for "Build and Price Your Prius" where you will have to fill in your ZIP code.

It is here that you can find out what packages are available in your region, what the MSRP is for the Prius with those options and also for any Toyota accessories. Anything else is just something that your dealer has added on (for profit).

For fun, I used 06340 (Groton, CT). 3 options available.

Base price: $21275
DPH fee: $540
Option Combination A = package 3 BI = $1100
Total before accessories: $22915

Option Combination B = package 5 AI = $2190
Total before accessories: $24005

Option Combination C = package 6 BC = $5065
Total before accessories: $26880

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: profit

seasun said:
They actually told me they were adding on to the price BECAUSE THEY CAN!
Those are the types of dealers I avoid. I've got a dealer who is offering me 2005 MSRP on a new 2006. I've got another dealer who is offering me a used Prius for the same price as a new.

Which one do you think I should buy from?

I hate greed and I will tell dealers that when I feel that they are chargin more because THEY CAN.

KEn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts