Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings board.
As a deposit-putter-downer and Prius anticipator, I've found myself actually practicing the stealth-toe dance as I'm driving in my 17 mpg 10 year old Dakota. Hopefully a Prius will find it's way into my carport soon because I don't know how much longer my macho 318 c.i. Dodge will allow this to continue.....or how much longer my bank account will last with mid-grade gas at $1.70/gallon. Anyways, I'm not being choosey....any color besides black or white and any option package (the cheaper the better) will do. And with about 10 folks ahead of me, many of which are a lot choosier than me, I wait patiently while visions of hybrids and saved $$$ dance in my head.
I guess the whole point of this post is a "Hi" to the board coupled with wondering if anyone else either has or does suffer from pre-Prius syndrome.
Cheers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, I admit, I'm a sufferer of this malady. I wait patiently for the dealer to call me. I stop other Prius drivers and look at them with sad eyes and hope they will take pity on me.
Really, though, I know that someday soon I'll be driving my new Prius, and all this waiting will seem trivial.
Welcome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
:wink: My wife and I, too, await the call from our local Toyota dealer heralding the arrival of our precious Prius. We have specified a silver seven only and compound our anticipation by expecting our national government to pass long anticipated energy legislation rewarding patient Prieu purchasers with dollars enough to pay for the Minnesota sales tax and more, about $2500, reportedly.

Actually, in our current anticipatory mood, we would not want to receive that terrific Toyota telling, since we, optimists always, would choose to wait for that wonderful government handout first, and likely turn down that opportunity to begin cleaning the air and greening the planet. But, alas, we've only waited but a month so far. :cry:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry to throw a little cold water on the subject, but I have been #1 on my dealer's list for over 2 months now; initial 'order' placed in late August. I, too, wanted a silver 7 package, but after waiting all this time and reading some posts on gas mileage (I expected better than mid 40's, even in cold weather), and the comfort and adjustability of the front seats, I've pretty much decided to hold off for now. There will be several additional hybrid models to choose from next model year. Maybe 'my car' will become your car.

Good luck in the Prius build/allocation lottery!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome all. FWIW, you are waiting for a really nice car and, once you have taken delivery, you will likely find that lots and lots of really nice people will stop to ask you all about it. I did a little show and tell for a small crowd in a parking lot just last week.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
The dealer in Mt Airy, NC has a Salsa Red #3 in, no one waiting. In case anyone in the VA, NC, WVa, TN area is still looking. Or further if you don't mind traveling and don't want to wait any longer.

The called me Monday, probably still there. Mt Airy (aka Mayberry-yes it's the town where Andy grew up) is not really a high-tech, eco hot-spot.

I'm not in the market anymore.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Option Packages

Does anyone have a quick list of the option packages that they can cut and paste into a response? --Thanks...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the heads-up, Holicow. I've sent the Mt. Airy dealer an email--we'll see how it goes.
Actually, I originally ordered a Salsa Red with pkg 4 so that's not too far off!
Hey, a trip to Mayberry from No. Fla. doesn't sound like a bad deal. Maybe Aunt Bea will have chicken ready!

·
Registered
56 Posts
veggivet said:
Sorry to throw a little cold water on the subject, but I have been #1 on my dealer's list for over 2 months now; initial 'order' placed in late August. I, too, wanted a silver 7 package, but after waiting all this time and reading some posts on gas mileage (I expected better than mid 40's, even in cold weather), and the comfort and adjustability of the front seats, I've pretty much decided to hold off for now. There will be several additional hybrid models to choose from next model year. Maybe 'my car' will become your car.

Good luck in the Prius build/allocation lottery!!
Don't give up so quickly. If you are indeed #1 on the list you should have your car by now. Check with other dealers to see if they have a Silver #7 coming in.

You will get better than mid 40s gas mileage (depending on how you drive). I am in Pennsylvania where it has been in the single digits for a while now, and I am averaging in the upper 40s. The warmer temperatures of Spring and Summer should show a dramatic improvement.

I am 5' 11" tall and find the seats very comfortable. I tilted the seat back one notch to the rear and find the drive remarkably comfortable. I am not super tall so I don't have the problems associated with my knees hitting anything.

You decide what is best for you, but don't discount the Pruis just yet. Give it one more go - and check with other dealers.

Cheers!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fingers strumming......can ya hear it?

Well, sounds like Mayberry is fresh out of Priuses--someone came in yesterday and put a deposit down on the Salsa Red one that Holicow had graciously offered.
Back to the wait...........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts