Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw that Katrina has been upgraded to a Category 5 hurricane; my stomach is in a knot just watching the news. My thoughts & prayers go out to all with interests in the path of this one, and hope everyone is able to safely get their families well out of harm's way.

·
Registered
919 Posts
All Floridians have undergone so much stress over the past 2 seasons. We have friends and relatives living there, and all are ready for some peace. Our daughter leaves for Puerto Rico in 2 days to continue research. Last year we were on pins and needles for months watching NOAA as most of the hurricanes that touched down here came through her area first.

·
Registered
393 Posts
This storm packed a punch here in South Florida. Still some areas without power...

I hope that those in New Orleans leave now...before this gets to them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Prius in the Storm

Prius in the Storm

I believe that any Prius, because is very light, could fly and disappear even with category 1 storm. People have to take this thing seriously and not challenge the evacuation. During all my life I have seen how a hurrican kills and destroy even safe places. I hope New Orleans do well.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Well, we all know now that New Orleans didn't do so well. The tragic natural disaster for an entire generation. Sad, so very sad. I wish them well.

But RM, come on, the Prius is 2900 lbs. That is pretty heavy for a vehicle for its apparent size. VW bugs are the only vehicles in that apparent size category that are heavier.

So, I'm confused as to what you think is a light vehicle vs. a heavy vehicle? So if a 1.5 ton vehicle isn't heavy, then what about a 2 ton or 2.5 ton vehicle?

The Prius isn't light by any means.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
You are correct, I do mean New Beetle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts