Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased myself an ex-fleet 04prius and was dissapointed to see a couple of features lacking.

- First was the smartkey. Mine has no transponder. I have to insert this into the console to start.

- Second was navigation

Is it possible to retrofit either of these two items into a Prius?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Smartkey would be extremely difficult due to the security handshaking you'd have to work with. The SKS ECU works with the immobilizer and the HV ECUs. You're better off getting another vehicle for this.

NAV is more doable, but still prohibitively expensive. You'd need a new MFD and NAV ECU, plus wiring. If you want the extra buttons on the steering, though not essential, you'd have to get that changed too.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
jridden said:
I just purchased myself an ex-fleet 04prius and was dissapointed to see a couple of features lacking.

- First was the smartkey. Mine has no transponder. I have to insert this into the console to start.

- Second was navigation

Is it possible to retrofit either of these two items into a Prius?
Do not know yet, about the SKS or the smart key integretion unto your Prius.
However the NAV feature conectvitity right into your MFD screen is in the works !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.