Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to buy a 2006 prius. Could you please recommend some reliable toyota dealer in Boston area or in MA?

I know the 2006 prius has not be released, but would like to get into the waiting list first. Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you send me a PM I'll give you the name of the salesman
who got me an 04 in Oct 03. He's been very helpful since then,
but I don't know his wait time. He's at Woburn foreign motors.

You probably also know that Ira Toyota and Boch toyota are the
biggest dealers around, but others will have to advise what it's like
to work with them. Acton toyota sells a lot of Prius if you are in
their area.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
No one in Southeastern Mass seems to know what a Prius is and they seem to pop up faster. I got mine in three weeks from North Dartmouth Toyota and I've heard several radio announcements on weei fm from Fall River Toyota with immediate delivery and of course NO one is asking more than MSRP. The "feeding frenzy" seems to have dropped off since the return of $2.80 gasoline.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hyperion....now don't tell you're a Glenn Ordway fan!

·
Registered
157 Posts
pennant race

Well, Hyperion, looks like we have a pennant race on our hands.

I'm not much for Dennis/Callahan, unless Curt's on, but I do love
the Big Show when the kids let me listen....

Isn't there some way we could get satellite downloads of scores
and maybe the ESPN main page on the MFD? That can't be so hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much for the replies. I am making phone calls right now. and thanks again for your kindly help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am in the Boston area and in the market for a 2006 Prius.

I'm interested in any recommendations, for or against any Boston-area dealers. I'm assuming that most dealers are charging MSRP, and that, therefore, anyone who asks for more than MSRP should be avoided. Other than that, I'm not sure what the other differences might be: courtesy, keeping the customer informed of what's going on, not putting other customers ahead of me on the waiting list ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I never got a response here, so I tried Toyota of Watertown, since I was bringing in my '94 Camry there for servicing. The salespeople were pretty useless. They said they were going to stop keeping a waiting list and just sell cars as they came in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the meantime, I sent email to Herb Chambers/Boston Toyota. I got email back from the Internet sales person there, and called back later in the day. They have a waiting list for the 2006 model, and they are charging MSRP. So far, so good. They only thing that seemed odd was that they didn't have a policy of putting things in writing, as other dealers apparently do. It wouldn't seem that hard to put together a form letter that spelled things out.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Try Dartmouth Toyota. They are right at the end of #140 off #24 just outside of New Bedford. About 50 minutes south of Boston. They had the shortest list of twelve dealers I checked with. People in SouthEast Mass don't seem to know anything about the Prius and I got mine from them at MSRP in three weeks. I've also heard Fall River Toyota advertising on WEEI FM radio that they have immediate delivery of Prius but that was a few months ago but still at the height of the gas prices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts