Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who needs them? I lost one, heard a replacement was about $70 so took the other three off. I think the alloys look better naked. Check it out!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dealership salesperson told me that they are there to suck the air ourward when driving to cool the breaks better and give better aerodynamic performance. Don't think I'll take mine off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have learned that the worst place to get info about a Prius is from a dealership. It is amazing how clueless they are from sales to service. I hate to slam people but I swear that they just make stuff up. I could go on and on about this but I will end by saying that info from the dealership should not be believed without corraboration from Toyota.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ray Moore said:
... I could go on and on about this but I will end by saying that info from the dealership should not be believed without corraboration from Toyota.
Good advice. As for the purpose of the plastic covers, mine have twice saved me from damaging the edge of the alloy wheels. I'm leaving mine on, whether they have an aerodynamic and/or brake cooling function or not.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts