Toyota Prius Forum banner

plastic packing factory wrap on my dashboard?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  alex04p 
#1 ·
I got a new 04 prius the other day from an out of town dealer and on the driverside dashboard part next to the mini little front window there is some plastic packing/shipping wrap still on it? I'm afraid to remove it anyone else have this? Maybe the airbag will pop out? this is on a package 9.

Anyone else with this problem? If I have some time next week I'll take it into the dealer here, but I really don't want anyone touching my prius!

#2 ·
alex04p said:
I'm afraid to remove it anyone else have this? Maybe the airbag will pop out? this is on a package 9.
I had this happen on mine (I have #6 w/additional airbags) - it's just some plastic to keep everything clean during tranist.

It took me a few weeks, but eventually I went out there and pulled it all out. It's already got little perforations on it and it comes off rather easily. I also found that they left it on the passenger side running board - but I left that there, figure it'll keep the scuffs off for a few more months.

But your dealer was obligated to remove it during their prep (hell, they often charge for that) - so if it's not inconvenient, make them do it. Maybe they'll wash it for you too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.