Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep,
Pikachu made it past 100,000 miles today (March 22, 2005). Still running well, getting around 40MPG. In 5 days, he'll be 4.5 years old.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
If we had known, we would have baked a cake! :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I'm partial to Tiramisu with a nice cup of coffee on the side.

<in my best Homer Simpson voice: Mmmmmm......Tiramisu!>

·
Registered
319 Posts
I like that you named your car that. Thats ver original and clever. Is Pikachu your license plate too? lol

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, New Jersey licence plate PIKACHU.

It's fun when people recognize that it's a small Japanese electric critter. And still somewhat surprising when others say they've never heard of Pikachu.

tabun: chisai nihongin denki no souzoubutsu desu.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
TRANSLATION

RSnyder said:
Yep, New Jersey licence plate PIKACHU.

It's fun when people recognize that it's a small Japanese electric critter. And still somewhat surprising when others say they've never heard of Pikachu.

tabun: chisai nihongin denki no souzoubutsu desu.
Translation: for the masses.....

Perhaps: Small Japanese imaginary electric being !

Pikachu-san; your Japanese is very good !

·
Registered
515 Posts
CONGRATS !!

...and I hope you don't mind that I'm telling people that they don't have to do all 100,000 miles on a single Prius to join that exclusive club. After all, we know that each Prius mile is special no matter how you drive them.

In that light, I'm 9,812 short of the mark now. So... sometime this summer I'll join you.

Stealth On!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
john1701a said:
CONGRATS !!

...and I hope you don't mind that I'm telling people that they don't have to do all 100,000 miles on a single Prius to join that exclusive club. After all, we know that each Prius mile is special no matter how you drive them.

In that light, I'm 9,812 short of the mark now. So... sometime this summer I'll join you.

Stealth On!
Wow, 9,812 short of century mark ! you mean for your Gen II right
how many miles on the Gen III john ?
I read you have not one but two Prii in your posession ?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: TRANSLATION

C.Rickey Hirose said:
Translation: for the masses.....

Perhaps: Small Japanese imaginary electric being !

Pikachu-san; your Japanese is very good !
I wish! It was a joint effort between my daughter and me. I've only got 2 years and 3 months left to learn enough to overcome my dread of being in a place where I don't understand the language. But we're missing a key ingredient, feedback from someone who already knows Japanese. Neither of us realized that "imaginary" was part of what we said. :oops: But it does fit quite nicely! :D

So thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
john1701a said:
CONGRATS !!

Stealth On!
Actually John,
I'm pretty sure you're allowed to count in your total the miles of everyone that your website has assisted. That should put you in the Saturn club along with Cassini and Huygens :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts