Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to program a speed dial number to access my voicemail at work. I need to program pauses in the dailing. The phone number programming screen has an option for inserting a "pause"or "wait" in the phone number. I have tried to insert these, but they don't seem to do anything. The manual (as far as I can tell) is silent on this. Does anyone know how to use the "pause"and "wait" functions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I wasn't clear. I'm trying to program the number (with a Pause) into the speed dial member of the Prius. I know that inserting a "," will create a Pause (at least on my Treo). However, how do I program a Pause in the Prius phonebook. I can't see anywhere to type a "," in the Prius phonebook function. Thanks

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
You can't manually add numbers to the prius phonebook, so I am not quite understanding the question. Though you can add it to speed-dial through your call log.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hmm, I am not certain that the Prius will accept a non-numerical character.

In any case, you would have to add the number with the pause code BEFORE you upload the number. I am still not convinced that the Prius will allow non-numerics, but you can try. :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clarification

On the screen for programing telephone numbers in the 2006 Prius, there are buttons labled "Pause" and "Wait." However, when I program a number and insert a "Pause" or "Wait", it doesn't seem to have any effect and the numbers after the "Pause" or "Wait never dial.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Clarification

scdebaun said:
On the screen for programing telephone numbers in the 2006 Prius, there are buttons labled "Pause" and "Wait." However, when I program a number and insert a "Pause" or "Wait", it doesn't seem to have any effect and the numbers after the "Pause" or "Wait never dial.
I didn't realize they added the ability to program phone numbers on the 2006. On the 2004 you can only modify the phone book by uploading entries from your phone. No editing is possible. The 2006 improvements sound like they make the Verizon Bluetooth suckiness pretty much a non-issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts