Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phoebe (my Prius) took me to the dentist this morning for my semi-annual fang sharpening. After the hygienist works her magic, the routine is that the dentist comes in and talks to me about the state of my oral health. Usually.

Today, I sat in the chair and waited... and waited.
FINALLY he came in and apologized for being late. It seems he had taken a couple of people out to see Phoebe and had taken great delight in in explaining all of her wonderful features.
He even let someone sit behind the wheel. Yikes!
I've got to remember to lock Phoebe up even in his little out of the way parking lot.

Then he proceeded to tell me that he wishes he'd bought a Prius. I know he bought a Lexus for his wife back in the spring and he bought his daughter a Toyota Corolla to take to college so I'm not sure which one he was talking about.
Hmmm. It could have been either one.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Very odd story. Nothing worse than having to wait in a dentist's chair. Except having your dentist open your car door and allow strangers to sit in your car. Hope at least you didn't have a cavity.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is hilarious. :D :D :D

Good thing you had the key with you. Given the chance, I bet he would have taken them for a spin!

Maybe he'll give you a discount for a ride.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Maybe he was out of exam rooms in his office and took the people out there to sit them in your Prius, tip the seat back, and have a look at their molars! horrors!! I hope they didn't "rinse" in the cup holder....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look your doors

We now have to keep out garage doors closed and locked or people will walk right in to look at it

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: I suppose it's a complement for your Dentist to be so interested in your Prius ---- HOWEVER ----

I always LOCK my Prius both to prevent pilfering of contents and arm the security system. This also has the advantage of preventing curious folk from experimenting. I have read previous postings where a Salesman at the Dealer actually "demonstrated" a service customer's Prius to a prospective buyer (didn't have a demo or new Prius in stock) without the owner's permission.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sanny said:
Maybe he was out of exam rooms in his office and took the people out there to sit them in your Prius, tip the seat back, and have a look at their molars! horrors!! I hope they didn't "rinse" in the cup holder....
Ewwwwwww!
Now I'm hurrying out to examine the cup holders.

This dentist is out in the country and his "parking lot", if you can call it that, is a wide spot in his driveway. But I guess Phoebe isn't safe anywhere from the envious.
So the new rule is that Phoebe is always kept locked.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Autolock feature

Don't the newer Prius models automatically lock the doors? Our 2002 autolocks after a minute or two (and has locked me out a couple of times).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good question.

I don't know if my car locks itself when I walk away because my fob is always in my purse and my purse is always on my arm. So, when I touch the door handle it opens... but is it locking when I forget to lock it myself and unlocking when I return, or was it always unlocked? I don't know :oops: :oops:

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Re: Autolock feature

Phoenix said:
Don't the newer Prius models automatically lock the doors? Our 2002 autolocks after a minute or two (and has locked me out a couple of times).
The only time an unmodified Prius will automatically lock the doors, is if you press the unlock button on the remote and then not open any doors within 45 seconds.

Otherwise, you will have to manually use the lock button on the inside of the door, the lock button on your remote, of if with SE&SS press the black button on the outside of the door.

The only automatic locks I know about are a mod:
http://www.coastaletech.com/lock.htm (2001-2003 Prius)
http://www.coastaletech.com/auto_door_lock.htm (2004-? Prius)

Personally, I always lock my doors, even in my garage. It's the only way to know that all of the doors are closed properly (won't lock if a door is ajar), so I know I won't accidentially run down my 12v battery.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sanny said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Boy am I glad I locked mine when I went to the dentist Tuesday! Can you imagine the consequences of the voice command, "Drill off"?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts