Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, new here, i'm wondering if anyone here could tell me whether or not can we add petrol treatments into prius??

·
Registered
928 Posts
For the most part, the answer is yes, you can waste money on your Prius like you can for any other car.

I would just caution you to avoid anything that might clog fuel injectors. Also, the exhaust monitoring in the Prius is more picky than other cars, so anything that creates funny burn by-products might set off the check engine light.

And no more than 15% ethanol.

Have fun. Let us know what improvements you measure (and how you control the experiment to avoid other factors from overwhelming the measurement).

·
Registered
381 Posts
RSnyder said:
For the most part, the answer is yes, you can waste money on your Prius like you can for any other car.
hehehe... ain't that the truth. Haven't really done that yet (i.e. wasted money on my Prius), but I've only had it 5 months; give me some time... 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice.

The petrol treatment im intending to put in actually cleans the fuel system incl. injectors. well, that's what it says on the labal anyway. So, i see how that might affect fuel efficiency of prius.

Thanks again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts