Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a personalized plate on their Prius? If so, what is it and what does it mean? Maybe even let us know what year/color your car is... maybe we'll see you driving down the road! (Maybe where you live too, so I can stalk you all the better..)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Personally, I've never understood the urge for a Vanity Plate. I want to be as anonymous as possible when driving amongst strangers.. That's tough enough in a Prius.
I've seen some plates that are clever and some that border on stupid. But they all say; "Look At Me." Maybe I'm just losing my youthful sense of humor.. I hope not..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Think of it like a tattoo that you can remove. :D

My plate is "813 010" which is the Oregon Revised Statute code for the DUII law in Oregon. DUII enforcement is my passion. :wink:

If I could have come up with something clever for my Prius I would have, but we only get 6 characters (and one space) in Oregon so it's hard to do.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered mine to say "I Wuboo" yeah.. yeah.. I'm a girl its okay that its something sissy-ish :p I'm sure you can figure it out.. but the FUNNIEST plate I ever saw was on a California Motorcycle and it read: GI8ABUG (figure it out?)... haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Prius Plates

I skipped the vanity plates and just ordered custom engraved frames with my car's pet name "FRIUS" on it. It's short for Fred's Prius and the homophone "Free Us".

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
There's a Classic in my neighborhood with '50 MPG', and a Lexus 400h with 'LTL GAS'.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine says "PRIUPS" from the web site of the same name. I love vanity plates, mine and others. I was recently stopped behind a woman whose plate read "XXXIX" and it was all I could do not to get out and say "Your money or your life."

My all time favorite, seen on a car in CA long ago, was "QVMF." I'm not even sure it means what I think it means.

I also have "H TO HE," an even better power source than PRIUPS. It's too late for a me to have a "youthful sense of humor;' I'm content to be or pretend to be clever.

Richard

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw a bluish-greenish Prius (don't know what you guys call it.. Seaside Pearl?) driving in the carpool lane this morning.. plates read GAS CAML. Hehe..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Vanity plates

Well, what I have on my Prius is what I had on my 2003 Baby Blue T Bird
(believe it or not, I traded the TBird for the Prius and have not had a
moment of regret.

G8RTBRD

I wonder what folks think when they figure that one out!!

Placebow

:lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Michigan clean water plate (5 letters) which simply says PRIUS.
My surname is Pruis, an anagram, but if I had used that, everyone but
my friends would have told me I misspelled Prius, so I went with Prius.
If I get a second Prius, however, I will use Pruis.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.