Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Epcot (Food & Wine Festival is still going for anyone that wasn't aware); thought I'd post this and perhaps see what others have experienced. Filled up on my way out: tank #10, 3556 miles, 49.6mpg on MFD, 48.2 calc (highest tank) - also checked tire pressure @ 44/42, and it's now on synthetic oil from it's first change. From refuel to the park, 59.4mpg over 28 miles (highest trip); return trip left me at 58.7mpg @ 60 miles. Lifetime now at 45.5mpg (calc; also highest).

Cool... 8)

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally just back/forth to work M-F; about 10+ miles/half hour each way - trying to arrive/leave outside of "rush hour" whenever possible. About the only "hills" I encounter are when I cross other roads while on either the tollway or I-4, although the roads in general aren't exactly what I'd call "straight and level". Beyond trips to the mall/store and the occassional trip to Disney on the weekend, I really "don't get out much". 8)

Also forgot to post earlier (for anyone keeping track of these things) that I checked tire pressure after I got home and the front/left was up 2psi to 46 - still "safe" for these (51 max, according to sidewall).

Btw, my tank mpg was at 49.8 this morning before I "made the rounds" on my way to refuel; lost .2 in the process, but it has to warm up sometime. :p

Speaking of Florida, my wife forwarded me a humor e-mail awhile ago re: hurricanes; it said:
If you live in a low-lying area, you should have an evacuation route planned out. (To determine whether you live in a low-lying area, look at your driver's license; if it says "Florida," you live in a low-lying area).

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doh! Something else I forgot (one of those weekends); the "Filling the tank..." topic reminded me. When I refueled yesterday, I used the "slowest" (?) lock-off on the pump handle; trying to determine how/if this affects "perceived capacity" before I pursue the fuel tank TSB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.