Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Epcot (Food & Wine Festival is still going for anyone that wasn't aware); thought I'd post this and perhaps see what others have experienced. Filled up on my way out: tank #10, 3556 miles, 49.6mpg on MFD, 48.2 calc (highest tank) - also checked tire pressure @ 44/42, and it's now on synthetic oil from it's first change. From refuel to the park, 59.4mpg over 28 miles (highest trip); return trip left me at 58.7mpg @ 60 miles. Lifetime now at 45.5mpg (calc; also highest).

Cool... 8)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
TechnoMage said:
Just got back from Epcot (Food & Wine Festival is still going for anyone that wasn't aware); thought I'd post this and perhaps see what others have experienced. Filled up on my way out: tank #10, 3556 miles, 49.6mpg on MFD, 48.2 calc (highest tank) - also checked tire pressure @ 44/42, and it's now on synthetic oil from it's first change. From refuel to the park, 59.4mpg over 28 miles (highest trip); return trip left me at 58.7mpg @ 60 miles. Lifetime now at 45.5mpg (calc; also highest).

Cool... 8)
Wow. What kind of driving do you normally do? Obviously if most of it is in Florida, you don't do much large hill driving! I'm at 3720 miles with a lifetime average 47.95. (Crappy mileage today, I was at a lifetime 48.04 yesterday.) My highest mileage 'trip' was 55.9 MPG over 40 miles. Today was my worst day (that I drove more than 5 miles, anyway,) with a dismal 38.6 MPG over 28 miles. (Lots of short, time-sensitive trips that could not be combined. If I had the EV mod, this would probably be much better.)

And last week, I got better than 50 MPG six of seven days.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally just back/forth to work M-F; about 10+ miles/half hour each way - trying to arrive/leave outside of "rush hour" whenever possible. About the only "hills" I encounter are when I cross other roads while on either the tollway or I-4, although the roads in general aren't exactly what I'd call "straight and level". Beyond trips to the mall/store and the occassional trip to Disney on the weekend, I really "don't get out much". 8)

Also forgot to post earlier (for anyone keeping track of these things) that I checked tire pressure after I got home and the front/left was up 2psi to 46 - still "safe" for these (51 max, according to sidewall).

Btw, my tank mpg was at 49.8 this morning before I "made the rounds" on my way to refuel; lost .2 in the process, but it has to warm up sometime. :p

Speaking of Florida, my wife forwarded me a humor e-mail awhile ago re: hurricanes; it said:
If you live in a low-lying area, you should have an evacuation route planned out. (To determine whether you live in a low-lying area, look at your driver's license; if it says "Florida," you live in a low-lying area).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh! Something else I forgot (one of those weekends); the "Filling the tank..." topic reminded me. When I refueled yesterday, I used the "slowest" (?) lock-off on the pump handle; trying to determine how/if this affects "perceived capacity" before I pursue the fuel tank TSB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts