Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a Smart Entry system, is there a way to have the passenger door unlock when the drivers door is unlocked? How about all the door locks?

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: Since you haven't revealed the year model, package and options of your Prius, it's difficult to provide a succinct answer.

In my 2004 Owner's Manual, the instructions are in Section 2-1 - Operation of Instruments and Controls - Keys and Doors - Page 30.

I suggest you provide more detail in your "signature" and avatar since there are subtle changes between the possible 6 "year" models discussed on this site and numerous packages and options.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Press and hold LOCK and PANIC together on the fob. (I think pressing lock first before quickly pressing panic might help). That'll change the setting. Every time you perform that, you cycle through 3 settings

Default:
Driver's door - driver only
Pass door - all
hatch - all

2:
any door will unlock all doors

3:
any door will unlock its own door ONLY.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
That's effective for SKS only. The dealer has to get involved if you want to change the remote lock functon that requires the press of the fob. Pressing the fob unlock twice though within a short time will unlock all doors. That's in the owner's manual too.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
Press and hold LOCK and PANIC together on the fob. (I think pressing lock first before quickly pressing panic might help). That'll change the setting. Every time you perform that, you cycle through 3 settings

Default:
Pass door - all
hatch - all

2:

3:
Will this work on a 2006? So is this when I slip my hand in the door--it will change it to unlock all? Or this only when you hit the FoB? I rarely pull my FoB out and it gets annoying to have to reach in and either press the unlock twice or open the door and hit the unlock inside the door..

·
Registered
5 Posts
The instructions are only for cars equiped with SKS. so yes, when you touch the handle to unlock the car. it doesn't change the function of the buttons on the fob.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Phish Phood said:
[quote="Tideland Prius":aq0fz65k]Press and hold LOCK and PANIC together on the fob. (I think pressing lock first before quickly pressing panic might help). That'll change the setting. Every time you perform that, you cycle through 3 settings

Default:
Pass door - all
hatch - all

2:

3:
Will this work on a 2006? So is this when I slip my hand in the door--it will change it to unlock all? Or this only when you hit the FoB? I rarely pull my FoB out and it gets annoying to have to reach in and either press the unlock twice or open the door and hit the unlock inside the door..[/quote:aq0fz65k]

Missed reading my post, just above yours?
Yes, it does apply to 2006.

·
Registered
992 Posts
DanMan32 said:
Phish Phood said:
[quote="Tideland Prius":1ndytjq8]Press and hold LOCK and PANIC together on the fob. (I think pressing lock first before quickly pressing panic might help). That'll change the setting. Every time you perform that, you cycle through 3 settings

Default:
Pass door - all
hatch - all

2:

3:
Will this work on a 2006? So is this when I slip my hand in the door--it will change it to unlock all? Or this only when you hit the FoB? I rarely pull my FoB out and it gets annoying to have to reach in and either press the unlock twice or open the door and hit the unlock inside the door..
Missed reading my post, just above yours?
Yes, it does apply to 2006.[/quote:1ndytjq8]

I had to re-read this a few times. I think I got hit with too many paintballs yesterday.. but I get it now. To change Fob.. see dealer :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've been accused of having an unhealthy relationship with my car, but I've gotten in the habit of giving its hinder a fond squeeze as I pass by when I have passengers to let in... I didn't want to reprogram the SKS because when I'm alone at night I'd prefer NOT to unlock all the doors.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Astrowoman said:
I've been accused of having an unhealthy relationship with my car, but I've gotten in the habit of giving its hinder a fond squeeze as I pass by when I have passengers to let in... I didn't want to reprogram the SKS because when I'm alone at night I'd prefer NOT to unlock all the doors.
I do the same thing.. haha.. I'm having issues getting it reprogrammed.. think I'll fiddle with it some more..

·
Registered
202 Posts
DanMan32 said:
That's effective for SKS only. The dealer has to get involved if you want to change the remote lock functon that requires the press of the fob. Pressing the fob unlock twice though within a short time will unlock all doors. That's in the owner's manual too.
I suppose this isn't in the owner's manual, but I've been wondering if it is possible to have all the doors unlock when you use the key in the driver's door lock.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I don't believe so. The intent on using the mechanical key is for emergency purposes when the fob doesn't work (SKS or manual wireless remote), usually because the fob battery is dead, or if the car 12V battery is dead to unlock the car to get to the jump terminals under the hood.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Astrowoman said:
I agree; a smart safety measure...don't want anyone hiding on the other side of the car.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I can't get the reprogram to work (I've tried hitting the lock and panic--am I not holding it enough? And tried hitting the lock then panic..).. Any ideas? How long should it take for the reprogram to take? Are there any indicators (beeping/blinking from car, etc.)?

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
You should get a chirp from the car each time you change modes with the lock-panic press. The number of resulting chirps indicates the mode it is in. If you don't have SKS however, you obviously can't change the SKS mode, which is what the pressing of lock-panic changes.
I suppose since there is a delay to the panic function, press panic then immediately press lock.

To change the method of the remote function, you need the dealer to do that. Pressing the unlock button twice within a few seconds will unlock all doors however.

EDIT: Just checked the owner's manual. You have to hold the two buttons for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:roll: Since you haven't revealed the year model, package and options of your Prius, it's difficult to provide a succinct answer.

In my 2004 Owner's Manual, the instructions are in Section 2-1 - Operation of Instruments and Controls - Keys and Doors - Page 30.

I suggest you provide more detail in your "signature" and avatar since there are subtle changes between the possible 6 "year" models discussed on this site and numerous packages and options.
I own a 2004 Prius and my passenger door will not unlock I can't take the door panel off without opening the door so how can I unlock the passenger door I tried it manually with the key and I tried with the remote it will unlock all the other doors but the passenger door

1 - 17 of 17 Posts