Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It works . . . kind of

The patch works. I just happened to buy this phone today not knowing that it had issues with the Prius.

The address book still does not work. If you import onto the Treo from an Outlook account, all of the numbers are in the proper format (555) 555-5555. The Prius's address book cannot recognize the format and replaces all of the numbers with |||||.

Anyone know of a solution?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I created a separate Prius group since there needs to be only one number to each name anyway. Then I had to manually edit out the ()- from each number after they were in the Treo 650. It's possible that you might be able to use another number format, such as international, which would make the editing easier. The subset of numbers that I transferred is enough for me since the main reason for doing so was to set the quick dial numbers so they can be dialed while in motion. You can always dial direct from the Treo contacts list if you need to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks

Carmyne,

I just did the same thing and it works fine. I created a seperate address book (it really is necessary with the Treo anyway) and uploaded that category. I used the second address book for lesser called yet important numbers.

Be sure to add in 411, the Sprint Operator, and your voicemail number into the Treo so that it can be easily dialed from the Prius.

I will say that I find it ridiculous that the Prius has no ability to add/edit entries into the address book. Oh well, how much more could we actually ask for?

BTW, International numbers will transfer over to the address book but I'm not sure if the calls would actually go through. Pauses are essential in international calling so it would depend upon the dialing speed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't see anything in the GSM update that make me believe it will fix the Prius problems. Anyone have first hand experience?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts