Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a few unfortunate mishaps lately -- one guy dinged my bumper on the highway, and I swiped the side of another woman's bumper while shifting lanes in traffic today. Needless to say, I've got a few scratches where the paint has come off.

Does anyone know an inexpensive way to make my car look new again?

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Servusjac said:
I've had a few unfortunate mishaps lately -- one guy dinged my bumper on the highway, and I swiped the side of another woman's bumper while shifting lanes in traffic today. Needless to say, I've got a few scratches where the paint has come off.

Does anyone know an inexpensive way to make my car look new again?

Thanks!
I had a random rock hit me. It was almost a law of physics "thing." It came from under a car's wheel, came at an angle after the car was quite far ahead of me, and hit the right front passenger fender.

I bought the "touch-up" paint with the brush for my car. However, there also is something cool called a "PAINT PEN.' It looks like a ballpoint pen. One side has the paint (for the color of your car) and the other "end" of the pen has CLEAR COAT to put over the paint after you fix the boo-boo.

My dealer in Effingham, IL (DAN HECHT TOYOTA) said that his parts dept. has these "paint pens." They are far more precise than the brush.....

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
deep scratch

Hi. I had my 2005 black Prius for a week and a half. I was in a bad neighborhood this weekend and found my tire slashed, and a 2 inch long scratch in the paint on the front driver's side. The scratch is pretty deep, from a knife, and goes right into the metal. I was hoping I could just use some touch up paint, but I've been told I should get it professionally done since it's a new car. That paint pen sounds good to me- less expensive! But I've never had a new car before so I don't know what's best. Any suggestions? Thanks.
:cry:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Re: deep scratch

prius24 said:
I was in a bad neighborhood this weekend and found my tire slashed, and a 2 inch long scratch in the paint on the front driver's side. The scratch is pretty deep, from a knife, and goes right into the metal. I was hoping I could just use some touch up paint, but I've been told I should get it professionally done since it's a new car. That paint pen sounds good to me- less expensive! But I've never had a new car before so I don't know what's best. Any suggestions? Thanks.
:cry:
Bummer! Get the paint pen and have at it...you want to get that scratch sealed before it starts to rust. If you aren't happy with the results, then get it fixed by a pro.

rob

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
WhitePrius said:
i think that toyota has a 5-year paint warranty. you should call them up and tell them about your dings.
I could very well be wrong on this, but I would suspect that the paint warranty wouldn't cover intentional (or even accidental) damage to the paint. I would think the warranty would be for 'manufacture's defects' as most warranties are.

In the case of paint coverage would come to play if it began to peel or fade or chip without being intentionally damaged.

Never hurts to call and check though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts