Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to notice the paint on the driver's door sill wearing off - like down to the primer. I'm tall and don't bend so well, so when I get in the car I back in, sit down, and then pivot in the seat. I'm guessing my pant leg is dragging on the sill, but still I lift my legs over the sill. I've had this happen on another car, but it didn't start showing up until well over 120K mi & 6-7 years. I've had this car just over a year; it doesn't seem like this should be happening. Is the paint thinner or softer on Toyotas? I said something to the dealer at my 30K service, and he agreed that it shouldn't be happening. He said he would fix it but did not. I'm going to get it fixed before the warranty runs out, but wonder if I'm just wasting my time. Anybody else had the same problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just noticed tiny lines (maybe 1/16" wide and mabe 1/2"-1" long) of paint peeling off my rear quarter panel of the passenger side. Like you, it seems to be to the primer below but the paint seems extremely thin here. I have the alpine white finish (Canada) and my car is less than 2 months old. It'll be going back to the dealer this week for sure to be repainted - still very odd though why it's peeling in this manner.
I'll try and report back on the dealer's handling of the situation.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I don't know if this has anything to do with the difficulty, but, FFIW, I understand that Toyota used a low VOC paint on this car, which continued the low emission beyond just driving, but also back to the manufacture of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts