Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know on some cars a person hand paints lines and little squigly designs on them? What is that called? Has anyone got it done yet to their prius? My prius is a 2004 Black one, and I would realy like to give it a little extra cause it's so plain. let me know!

Christie

·
Registered
215 Posts
Are you talking about racing stripes? Airbrushing? I think some processes just use the term "decal"... That would look pretty cool. I have a black one too (see signature link if you haven't before...) If you get it done, be sure to post some pics, or if it's a graphic that's posted online, send a link.

Does this mean you got it back Christie?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haven't got it back

Don't have it yet. The reason why I'm asking is the body shop had to order all the parts and they have to paint them too. I mentioned to them that I wanted something a little different to jazz up my prius and they said to let them know and they can get it done and waive the labor while their doing the rest of it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My 2004 came with a pair of pin stripes down each side that I didn't request; just "came that way", but they look okay.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I have never liked the tape-like pinstripes. Had them on my Miata (not by choice), and they always seemed to collect wax along the edges.

Plus, if you get a door ding on or near a pinstripe, then you can see that ding even easier, becaus that "line" made by the pinstripe is no longer straight or uniform; it does a little "squiggle" at the site of the ding. Nothing like a pinstripe to draw attention to dings!

The same goes for "body side moulding." I believe it does little to protect against dings, and when they happen anyway (as they always seem to do), then they draw attention to the ding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts