Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the proud owner of a 2005 Prius, Pkg 6.
Yesterday I noticed what looked like an oily spot on the driver's side window sill where I rest my elbow when driving.

When I rubbed the spot, a rubbery film of paint came off.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think this is a warrantied issue?
Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is warrantied.

Puente Hills Toyota today told me that the finish would be covered under warranty.
No weaseling at all!
What a pleasant surprise.

The suntan lotion could be it as I have been golfing a lot lately.
Is there some sort of shield that I can apply to the area to prevent this from happening again?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Re: It is warrantied.

cgsouth said:
Puente Hills Toyota today told me that the finish would be covered under warranty.
No weaseling at all!
What a pleasant surprise.

The suntan lotion could be it as I have been golfing a lot lately.
Is there some sort of shield that I can apply to the area to prevent this from happening again?
I'm reluctant to accept suntan lotion as the culprit, seeing it is used on the skin, even for children, although it sure sounds like it. Toyota have any comment on the cause ??

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would like to cover this same area on my P* as well.........my dog likes to rest her paws there and I've already got scratches.......
Cloth material with some sort of adhesive?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it can protect the paint on the outside from rock chips, maybe it could protect the paint on the inside on the doors or glove boxes. Yes, I'm talking about the 3M film. It's shiny for the outside, but maybe 3M or another manufacturer makes a matte or satin finish. Do a search for "Paint protection film" and find numerous threads.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Last weekend, My Fiance who is in charge of storage and organization of the Prius glove boxes was opening and closing both boxes numberous times during our drive. When she was done doing whatever she needed to do, I noticed white hands prints all over the glove boxes. I panicked and spent the next ten minutes with a wet towel rubbing the hand prints away. I couldn't figure out how she made such large prints as I have not had this problem with myself. After about a 1/2 hour of trying to figure this out, we both realized that the make-up she uses contains some sunscreen. Luckily the Sunscreen didn't stain the boxes, but she is now going to wear gloves when applying that paticular make-up.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
bshef said:
I would like to cover this same area on my P* as well.........my dog likes to rest her paws there and I've already got scratches.......
Cloth material with some sort of adhesive?
Velcro, :) then you can attach the dog to the car wherever she likes. No scratches, and no chance of the dog jumping out of the car.

I thought about doing it with the cubs, but they dont make strong enough Velcro. :x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts